Altus AFB, Oklahoma
Department of the Air Force
$51,653 to $60,251
10/10/2017 to 04/10/2018
- The primary purpose of this position is to perform journeyman duties as an aircraft electrician in the troubleshooting, repairing, servicing, modification and testing, inspecting, and performing a wide variety of maintenance on aircraft electrical and environmental (ELEN) systems, accessories and components.
- Performs work involving the inspection and repair of aircraft electrical and environmental assemblies, and accessories.
- Performs investigation, troubleshooting and adjustments of aircraft electrical and environmental systems components and accessories malfunctions.
- Accomplishes special inspections and Time Compliance technical Orders. Performs aircraft maintenance duties.
- Utilizes safety practices and procedures. Maintains and control tools and equipment. Performs cross utilization training and task verification of assigned personnel.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- A security clearance may be required
- PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
- Subject to pre-employment and random drug testing.
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- A pre-employment physical examination may/will be required.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
- Performs other duties assigned.
- TDY may be required.
- References to "established time frames" illustrated int he duty standards are based on established job standards specified for each task.
- Aircraft Electrician duties are paramount, aircraft mechanic skills and knowledge will not be reflected during the recruiting process.
- Subject to call during non-duty hours to respond to emergencies.
- Participates in the conduction of alerts/exercises in accordance with established plans.
- Access may be required to information or areas classified up to and including SECRET.
- May be required to work an uncommon tour of duty.
- Operation of crane, tuck, tractor, or motor vehicle may be required. A valid driver's license may be required.
- Drug test requirements updated to meet testing requirements of AFI 90-508, and the position is subject to random drug tests.
FUNCTIONAL REQUIREMENTS:Requires extensive walking, climbing to heights of 75 feet, working in closed places, prolonged standing, bending, stooping, and,lifting up to 75 pounds. Incumbent must be free of claustrophobia. Operation of crane, truck, tractor, motor vehicle. Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously. Near vision correctable at 13 inches to 16 inches to Jaeger 1 to 4. Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and 20/40 in the other. Depth perception. Both eyes required. Ability to distinguish basic colors. Ability to distinguish shades of color. Hearing (aid permitted). Additional functional requirements include: Emotional and mental stability. Audiometric.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS:Outside and inside (other than normal commuting). Excessive heat. Excessive cold. Excessive humidity. Excessive dampness or chilling, Dry-atmospheric conditions. Excessive noise, intermittent. Constant noise. Dust. Solvents. Solvents (degreasing agents). Grease, hydraulic fluid and oils. Electrical energy. Working up to heights of 68 feet. Slippery or uneven walking surface. Working around machinery with moving parts. Working around moving objects or vehicles. Working on ladders or scaffolding. Working closely with others; working alone. Hazards of falling and of falling objects .. Dangers of breathing toxic fumes. Subject to fire and explosion.
QUALIFICATIONS:The following summarizes the qualification standard for this position found in the Job Qualifications System for Trades and Labor Occupations (Handbook X-118C); for additional information click here. To qualify, there is no specific length of training or experience required; however, you must be able to demonstrate enough experience in your application to show you possess sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the position at the level for which applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time. The screen out element for this position is the ability to do the work of an AIRCRAFT ELECTRICIAN position without more than normal supervision.
JOB ELEMENTS:Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
How to Apply
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 04/10/2018
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10060912
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Application button at the end of the process.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. The Vacancy ID is 10060912
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
Agency contact information
Total Force Service Center
308 N First Street
Altus AFB, OK
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application.Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants):Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
90-Day Register:This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Direct Deposit:All federal employees are required to have direct deposit. If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. Other documents may be required based on the eligibility/eligibilities you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents you must submit to substantiate the eligibilities you are claiming.
Agency contact information
Total Force Service Center
AddressAltus AFB 308 N First Street Altus AFB OK US
PROwESS Resume Optimizer
Score, Target and Improve Your Resume For Any Federal JobThe most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Our new tool uses artificial intelligence to score your resume, and provide task statements and word suggestions which will improve your resume.
Introducing Interactive Job Vacancy Announcements
We have pulled just the important line items from the Federal vacancy and put them all in one place. No more search all over to find the key items you need to address. Including importing the Occupational Questionnaire where available. Each scored, each searchable for concepts, keywords and related tasks that you might add to your resume to improve your score.
Key Features Include:
- Pop-up competency definitions
- Highlighted Keyword matches from your resume
- Line-item scoring resume vs job
- Suggestions for improved language
A Resume Editor with Keyword Suggestions
The most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain.
A Resume Editor That Comes Alive With Suggestions
Score Your Resume Against Each Job Line Item
The most successful candidate's tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain. Keyword matches will show up as green and your resume's overall match for the each item in the job description will be graded with up to 5 stars. Each line in the job description can be clicked revealing semantically related topics, flush with keyword suggestions that you might choose to include in your resume, and thousands of example job description statements that can show you the most effective ways to state your experience.
Find Great Content and Impactful Language
PROwESS subscribers will see concept definitions, related concepts, power keywords (nouns, verbs and adjectives related to the concept), and related task statements.
PROwESS is unique and affordable. Continuous and targeted resume improvement with a few clicks. Order now for as less than $6 per month.Order Now