Aircraft Mechanic (Flightline)
Kelly AFB, TX
Air National Guard Units (Title 32)
Department of the Air Force
$24 to $28
02/22/2017 to 02/06/2018
- Directs, monitors or performs overall maintenance, servicing, inspections and documentation for one or more aircraft.
- Ensures aircraft documentation and Maintenance Information Systems (MIS) accurately reflect the airworthiness of the Aircraft.
- Performs in-process and final inspection of aircraft and components undergoing repair, overhaul and/or modification to verify and certify by signature adherence to work techniques, procedures and quality standards established by applicable publications.
- Plans, develops and conducts training during the technician work week to a multi facet workforce comprised of from 3 to 8 assigned military positions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The full Position Description (PD) can be found at the following link:WG-8852-12, D1525000
- Direct Deposit is mandatory.
Specialized Experience Required
To qualify at the WG-12 grade level your resume must include relevant experience with beginning and ending dates of employment/experience reflecting at least 18 months experience or training installing, adjusting, aligning, troubleshooting and functionally testing the various major and minor mechanical and pneudraulic systems on an aircraft during overhaul or modification. Experience coordinating the work of other mechanics, and scheduling maintenance to ensure completion of critical actions and optimum workflow. Must have the ability to instruct lower graded mechanics, military and other personnel in the disassembly and re-assembly of crash damaged engines, transmissions, gearboxes, hydraulic components, and fuel controls sufficient for the exhibit to be returned to its shipping container.
Compatible Military Assignment (per UMD): Applicants need not be assigned to the position to apply or be considered; however, applicant must be Duty AFSC assigned to a compatible position in accordance with statutes and National Guard Bureau regulations upon selection.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must provide both of the following parts:
1. Your responses to the Qualifications Questionnaire, and2. Your resume and any other documents specified in the Required Documents section of this job announcement.
Your resume must have complete information: Please ensure your resume accurately reflects the duties and responsibilities under each position you have held with each employer. In describing your experience, please be clear and specific. It is your responsibility to make sure your resume states complete information for each job entry (beginning and ending dates of employment stated as MM/YYYY; and total hours worked per week). If your resume does not provide enough information regarding your work history for us to make a creditable qualification determination, your application package may be rendered disqualified and you will no longer be considered for this position.
Here is a link for aiding you in building your USA-Jobs Resume:https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/TipsUse the Online Qualifications Questionnaire for convenience and quickest processing.
View Occupational QuestionnaireOption A: Online Qualifications Questionnaire.
- You must click both Finish and Submit when you are done. Your Online Qualifications Questionnaire is not processed ? and your résumé is not attached ? until you click the Submit button, even if USAJOBS says it sent your résumé.
- You can upload or fax supporting documents after you Submit the Online Qualifications Questionnaire.
- You must complete the entire process by the closing date Tuesday, February 06, 2018
To make sure everything you submitted is successfully received, follow these steps: 1. Log in to your USA-Jobs account using the box on the right side of the page.2. Click the radio button for this Vacancy Identification Number: 1910670
3. Select a Vacancy4. Verify that all of your documents appear on the table with a status of Processed.
- You can save your work and come back later. Just click both Save and Logout.
- If you Submit more than one Qualifications Questionnaire for this position, the most recent one submitted is the one that is used. Therefore, it is important for you to complete it in its entirety.
- If your résumé is going to come from the USAJOBS Resume Builder, you begin the process by clicking the Apply Online button near the bottom of this page. Your résumé will be attached only to the Online Qualifications Questionnaire you complete and Submit from this session, not to any Questionnaires you may already have Saved or Submitted.
Option B: Paper Qualifications Questionnaire.If it is not practical for you to use the Online Qualifications Questionnaire, you can write your answers on paper. Follow these steps:1. You can access the Questionaire Here: View Occupational Questionnaire 2. Obtain and print a copy of the OPM Form 1203-FX, which you will use to provide your answers. You can obtain the form at this URL: http://www.opm.gov./Forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf or by calling USAJOBS by Phone at (703) 724-1850 ? after the introduction, press 1, and listen for instructions.3. You may submit the Form 1203-FX, resume, and any supporting documents by fax.
- If you are faxing a Form 1203-FX, you do not need a separate cover sheet. Simply make sure the Form 1203-FX is on top of any other documents you are faxing. If you are faxing any documents without the Form 1203-FX on top, always use the official cover sheet which is here --http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf -- and be sure to fill it out completely and clearly. The fax number is 1-478-757-3144. Feed all documents into your fax machine top first so that we receive them right-side up.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
- Please ensure your resume reflects your duties/responsibilities under each position listed and also includes start and end dates.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Department of the Air Force
Air National Guard Units (Title 32)
Address149th Fighter Wing 2200 W 35th Street Austin TX
PROwESS Resume Optimizer
Score, Target and Improve Your Resume For Any Federal JobThe most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Our new tool uses artificial intelligence to score your resume, and provide task statements and word suggestions which will improve your resume.
Introducing Interactive Job Vacancy Announcements
We have pulled just the important line items from the Federal vacancy and put them all in one place. No more search all over to find the key items you need to address. Including importing the Occupational Questionnaire where available. Each scored, each searchable for concepts, keywords and related tasks that you might add to your resume to improve your score.
Key Features Include:
- Pop-up competency definitions
- Highlighted Keyword matches from your resume
- Line-item scoring resume vs job
- Suggestions for improved language
A Resume Editor with Keyword Suggestions
The most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain.
A Resume Editor That Comes Alive With Suggestions
Score Your Resume Against Each Job Line Item
The most successful candidate's tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain. Keyword matches will show up as green and your resume's overall match for the each item in the job description will be graded with up to 5 stars. Each line in the job description can be clicked revealing semantically related topics, flush with keyword suggestions that you might choose to include in your resume, and thousands of example job description statements that can show you the most effective ways to state your experience.
Find Great Content and Impactful Language
PROwESS subscribers will see concept definitions, related concepts, power keywords (nouns, verbs and adjectives related to the concept), and related task statements.
PROwESS is unique and affordable. Continuous and targeted resume improvement with a few clicks. Order now for as less than $6 per month.Order Now