Aviation Safety Inspector - Air Carrier Avionics
Department of Transportation
$43,251 to $81,541
FG 9 - 12
09/11/2017 to 06/25/2018
Aviation Safety Inspectors in this specialty (Air Carrier Avionics) apply knowledge and skills typically acquired as repairman of aircraft, aircraft parts, or avionics equipment to develop and administer regulations and safety standards pertaining to the airworthiness and maintenance of aircraft and related equipment. They engage primarily in the following types of assignments:
- (a) Evaluating mechanics and repair facilities for initial certification and continuing adequacy;
- (b) evaluating the mechanic`s training program;
- (c) inspecting aircraft and related equipment for airworthiness; and
- (d) evaluating the maintenance aspects of programs of air carriers and similar commercial operations. The evaluations may include the adequacy of maintenance facilities, equipment and procedures; the competence of employees; the adequacy of the program or schedule for periodic maintenance and overhauls; and the airworthiness of the aircraft. Aviation Safety Inspectors (Airworthiness) may perform a variety of other inspections, investigations and advisory duties; however, the primary requirement for positions in this specialty is knowledge and skill pertaining to the maintenance and airworthiness of aircraft.
Inspectors are required to travel frequently and to occasionally work irregular duty hours.
Conditions of Employment
- US Citizenship is required.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Veterans' preference documents must be uploaded/submitted with application.
We are not accepting applications from noncitizens.
OPM Qualifications Standard for Aviation Safety Series, FG-1825 MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- (A) Not more than two separate incidents involving Federal aviation regulations violations in the last 5 years;
- (B) Valid State driver`s license;
- (C) Fluency in the English language;
- (D) No chemical dependencies or drug abuse that could interfere with job performance; and
- (E) High school diploma or equivalent.
Aviation Safety Inspector positions have job-related medical requirements. When applicable, applicants MUST meet job-related medical requirements which will be assessed and validated during the pre-employment process.
Medical Requirements:Applicants must be physically able to perform the duties of the Aviation Safety Inspector position in a safe and efficient manner, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The minimum medical requirements include the following requirements:
Agency contact information
AddressFederal Aviation Administration DOT/FAA/MMAC/AHF-C420 6500 S. MacArthur Blvd. Oklahoma City OK US
PROwESS Resume Optimizer
Score, Target and Improve Your Resume For Any Federal JobThe most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Our new tool uses artificial intelligence to score your resume, and provide task statements and word suggestions which will improve your resume.
Introducing Interactive Job Vacancy Announcements
We have pulled just the important line items from the Federal vacancy and put them all in one place. No more search all over to find the key items you need to address. Including importing the Occupational Questionnaire where available. Each scored, each searchable for concepts, keywords and related tasks that you might add to your resume to improve your score.
Key Features Include:
- Pop-up competency definitions
- Highlighted Keyword matches from your resume
- Line-item scoring resume vs job
- Suggestions for improved language
A Resume Editor with Keyword Suggestions
The most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain.
A Resume Editor That Comes Alive With Suggestions
Score Your Resume Against Each Job Line Item
The most successful candidate's tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain. Keyword matches will show up as green and your resume's overall match for the each item in the job description will be graded with up to 5 stars. Each line in the job description can be clicked revealing semantically related topics, flush with keyword suggestions that you might choose to include in your resume, and thousands of example job description statements that can show you the most effective ways to state your experience.
Find Great Content and Impactful Language
PROwESS subscribers will see concept definitions, related concepts, power keywords (nouns, verbs and adjectives related to the concept), and related task statements.
PROwESS is unique and affordable. Continuous and targeted resume improvement with a few clicks. Order now for as less than $6 per month.Order Now