Clinical Psychologist (Open Until Filled)
Washington DC, DC
District of Columbia Courts
Other Agencies and Independent Organizations
$94,796 to $123,234
05/29/2017 to 05/12/2018
The Clinical Psychologist Brief Description of Duties:
- Uses computer technology for scoring test instruments and production of final report product.
- Analyzes, interprets, synthesizes and integrates test results into clinically sound, cohesive, practical and functional written evaluation appropriate to a forensic domain.
- Provides clinical expert testimony to Court officials in matters related to evaluations and clinical procedures and findings.
- Serves as a clinical supervisor for graduate and post-doctoral level psychology trainees and interns including, but not limited to, psychological evaluations, individual, group and family psychotherapy, case consultation and case conference.
- Participates in case conferences and consultation with Court officials such as judges, probation officers, social workers, case managers or affiliates with regard to psychological issues related to adjudication and/or disposition.
- Performs other clinic or division duties such as clinical research projects or interagency assignments, as assigned by the Chief Psychologist.
- Conducts face-to-face interviews with youth, family and identified individuals active in the maturation of the youth; evaluates youth’s mental health and risk to public safety, and develops associated psychological reports for the judiciary.
- Supervises doctoral level graduate students and interns in psychological treatment and evaluation.
- Exhibits the knowledge and the utilization of community or other identified resources in the assistance of solving youth mental health challenges.
- Maintains files, records, and case related documents in a well-organized manner.
- Prepares accurate and proficient reports and makes oral and written presentations of facts, which impact the judicial decision-making process as well as the rehabilitation of the youth and his/her family.
- Performs other duties (community activities for youth and families, educational/recreational trips, etc.) as assigned, consistent with established Division and Branch performance standards.
- In the absence of the supervisor, may be required to assume temporary supervision of the unit, and serve as team leader for special initiatives and committees.
- A background and/or security investigation is required.
- Fingerprinting and Child Protective Registry Check
- Probationary period of one (1) year.
- Federal law enforcement officer retirement provision.
- Valid Driver's License
A doctoral degree in Clinical or Counseling Psychology from an APA accredited psychology program located from an accredited college or university, a license to practice psychology in the District of Columbia, three (3) years of experience where the candidate had to apply established scientific methods and principles of psychology. Documentation of education and licensing must be included with your application or it will not be considered.Candidates licensed to practice psychology in another jurisdiction may apply. If selected, candidate must obtain a D.C. License within 180 calendar days of appointment. Failure to obtain a D.C. License will result in termination.Additionally, first-time appointees to the clinical psychologist position must not have reached their 37th birthday at the time of appointment. Applicants 37 or over who have previous federal law enforcement officer experience under the Civil Service Retirement System or the Federal Employees' Retirement System and who have either a subsequent break in service or intervening service in a non-law enforcement officer position may have their previous law enforcement officer experience subtracted from their age to determine whether they meet the maximum age requirement (Application of previous law enforcement provision only applies to those considered federal law enforcement officers and have paid into either Civil Service Retirement System or the Federal Employees' Retirement System, all other law enforcement (state or municipal not paid into either retirement system) will not be considered eligible.).Please note that if you are applying for consideration as a non first-time appointee and you have reached or exceeded your 37th birthday you must attach your SF-50 or your application will not be considered.Preferred Experience
- Experience working with juveniles
- Clinical applied research experience
- Clinical forensic experience
- Judicial consulting experience
- Authorization for the release of your adult criminal record revealing any convictions and forfeitures, and any criminal cases currently pending before the courts is required. If you are selected for the position a criminal history records check will be conducted.
- Documentation of your education and licensing must be included with your application.
- Copy of your driver’s license must be included with your application.
- SF – 50 (if applicable)
You must upload copy of your college transcript or degree. The transcript must show the name of the college or university, your name, list of courses with credit hours, major(s), and grade-point average or class ranking.Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the above requirements if you can show that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
To qualify for this position, the following must be submitted:1. Résumé2. Completed Vacancy Questionnaire3. Documentation /Proof of Education (e.g. copy of college transcript or degree)4. Professional License5. Copy of your driver's license must be included with your application.6. SF-50 (if applicable)7. List of Professional ReferencesTo begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the vacancy questionnaire. Click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process. All required documentation must be received by the closing date of the announcement.For more information about vacancies, visit us on the web at www.dccourts.gov or call 202-879-0496.
How to Apply
How You Will Be Evaluated
Upon receipt of your complete application package, a review of your application will be made to ensure that you meet the basic qualification requirements. Answers submitted in the questionnaire must be supported on your resume.Your resume must reflect the relevant experience and that you meet the minimum qualifications or your application will not be considered. To preview questions please click here.
This job is being filled by an alternative hiring process and is not in the competitive civil service.Please note there is a mandatory one year probationary period for all non-judicial new employees.All required information must be received by the closing date.
2. Completed Vacancy Questionnaire
3. Documentation /Proof of Education (e.g. copy of college transcript or degree)
4. Professional License
5. Copy of your driver's license must be included with your application.
6. SF-50 (if applicable)
7. List of professional references
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
District of Columbia Courts
AddressDistrict of Columbia Courts Moultrie Building 500 Indiana Avenue, NW Washington DC US
PROwESS Resume Optimizer
Score, Target and Improve Your Resume For Any Federal JobThe most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Our new tool uses artificial intelligence to score your resume, and provide task statements and word suggestions which will improve your resume.
Introducing Interactive Job Vacancy Announcements
We have pulled just the important line items from the Federal vacancy and put them all in one place. No more search all over to find the key items you need to address. Including importing the Occupational Questionnaire where available. Each scored, each searchable for concepts, keywords and related tasks that you might add to your resume to improve your score.
Key Features Include:
- Pop-up competency definitions
- Highlighted Keyword matches from your resume
- Line-item scoring resume vs job
- Suggestions for improved language
A Resume Editor with Keyword Suggestions
The most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain.
A Resume Editor That Comes Alive With Suggestions
Score Your Resume Against Each Job Line Item
The most successful candidate's tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain. Keyword matches will show up as green and your resume's overall match for the each item in the job description will be graded with up to 5 stars. Each line in the job description can be clicked revealing semantically related topics, flush with keyword suggestions that you might choose to include in your resume, and thousands of example job description statements that can show you the most effective ways to state your experience.
Find Great Content and Impactful Language
PROwESS subscribers will see concept definitions, related concepts, power keywords (nouns, verbs and adjectives related to the concept), and related task statements.
PROwESS is unique and affordable. Continuous and targeted resume improvement with a few clicks. Order now for as less than $6 per month.Order Now