Department of Homeland Security
$85,816 to $123,234
10/04/2017 to 04/02/2018
Being a Contract Specialist makes you a valuable member of the FLETC team and mission. You will perform the full range of pre-award and post-award functions in the procurement of a wide range of services, supplies, equipment and construction. Typical assignments include:
- Developing the contractual strategy to be used as well as performing procurement planning and contract administration for all procurements assigned.
- Procuring supplies, services, equipment and construction requirements utilizing acquisition procedures from open market, federal supply and agency contracts in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and agency specific acquisition regulations.
- Preparing and issuing Requests for Proposals, Invitations for Bids, and Requests for Quotations.
- Evaluating proposals/bids.
- Conducting pre-negotiation conferences with management and technical personnel in order to negotiate prices, terms and conditions, and contract amendments.
- Performing contract administration for each procurement assigned as well as assisting in the preparation of statements of work with technical staff. Preparing requests for proposals for changes/change orders and completing contract modifications.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Financial disclosure required.
- Current and former Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements.
How to Apply
If this is your first time applying for a Federal job, then you will need to create a USAJOBS® account. Otherwise, follow the steps below.
DHS uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities.To ensure the accomplishment of our mission, DHS requires every employee to be reliable and trustworthy. To meet those standards, all selected applicants must undergo and successfully pass a background investigation for suitability, Secret, Top Secret, or Top Secret/SCI as a condition of placement into these positions. This will include a credit check after a tentative job offer is given, a review of financial issues such as delinquency in the payment of debts, child support and/or tax obligations, as well as certain criminal offenses and illegal use or possession of drugs. Continued employment is contingent upon favorable adjudication of periodic reinvestigations.Veterans, Peace Corps/VISTA volunteers, and persons with disabilities possess a wealth of unique talents, experiences, and competencies that can be invaluable to the DHS mission. To determine your eligibility and to understand the documentation that would be required with your application, click on the links above.Physical Demands: The work requires some physical exertion, such as walking over rough, uneven or rocky surfaces of the type found at construction sites or other outdoor facilities which the contract specialist must visit on a regular and recurring basis; or conducting intensive negotiations for extended periods i.e., four hours or longer without rest periods, and occasionally late in the evening. Some agility is required in walking around or over building materials, excavation sites, and heavy equipment. Some lifting of contract specifications, solicitations, and/or drawings up to 35 pounds. Conducting intensive negotiation requires specific, but common physical characteristics and abilities such as above average resistance to fatigue.Work Environment: The work is performed primarily in an office setting, however, the employee may visit construction sites and contractor plants to review products and equipment and which involves everyday risks and discomforts.This position requires you to file an ethics financial disclosure report within 30 days of starting your Federal employment and annually thereafter as long as you occupy a position that requires financial disclosure reporting.All employees are required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer (DD/EFT) for salary payments.
Agency contact information
AddressFLETC Please apply on-line Glynco Georgia United States
PROwESS Resume Optimizer
Score, Target and Improve Your Resume For Any Federal JobThe most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Our new tool uses artificial intelligence to score your resume, and provide task statements and word suggestions which will improve your resume.
Introducing Interactive Job Vacancy Announcements
We have pulled just the important line items from the Federal vacancy and put them all in one place. No more search all over to find the key items you need to address. Including importing the Occupational Questionnaire where available. Each scored, each searchable for concepts, keywords and related tasks that you might add to your resume to improve your score.
Key Features Include:
- Pop-up competency definitions
- Highlighted Keyword matches from your resume
- Line-item scoring resume vs job
- Suggestions for improved language
A Resume Editor with Keyword Suggestions
The most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain.
A Resume Editor That Comes Alive With Suggestions
Score Your Resume Against Each Job Line Item
The most successful candidate's tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain. Keyword matches will show up as green and your resume's overall match for the each item in the job description will be graded with up to 5 stars. Each line in the job description can be clicked revealing semantically related topics, flush with keyword suggestions that you might choose to include in your resume, and thousands of example job description statements that can show you the most effective ways to state your experience.
Find Great Content and Impactful Language
PROwESS subscribers will see concept definitions, related concepts, power keywords (nouns, verbs and adjectives related to the concept), and related task statements.
PROwESS is unique and affordable. Continuous and targeted resume improvement with a few clicks. Order now for as less than $6 per month.Order Now