Department of Health And Human Services
$23,966 to $38,158
GS 2 - 4
11/13/2017 to 09/30/2018
- Receive and prepare patients for dental treatments.
- Prepare materials and equipment for use by the Dentist.
- Maintain records related to appointments, examinations, treatment, and supplies.
- Perform chairside assistance and placement of sealants and varnish.
- Perform radiological procedures (GS-3 and above).
Conditions of Employment
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment fingerprint check.
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- Selectee may be subject to a probationary/trial period.
- ESEP appointees typically serve a two year trial period.
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 pm (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: 09/30/2018
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:For GS-02: 3-months of general experience that demonstrates your ability to perform the work of the position, or a familiarity with customer service, record-keeping, and clinic maintenance duties. OR high school graduate or equivalent. For GS-03: 6-months of general experience that demonstrates your ability to perform the work of the position, or a familiarity with customer service, record-keeping, and clinic maintenance duties. OR Successfully completed (a) a 1 year dental assistant program or completed 1 year of a dental hygiene program accredited by the American Dental Association's Commission on Accreditation that included a course in radiation physics; radiation biology; radiation health, safety and protection; x-ray films and radiographic film quality, radiographic techniques; darkroom and processing techniques; and film mounting; or (b) practical nurse training approved by the appropriate State or District of Columbia accrediting body. OR A combination of experience and education. For GS-04: At least 6 months of general experience (described above) AND 6 months of specialized experience. Qualifying specialized experience is work providing dental assistance to general or specialized dentistry, dental assistant (expanded function) work, or any combination of these appropriate to the position(s) being filled. Specialized experience at this level includes: providing chairside assistance, setting up proper instruments for dental procedures, recording treatments rendered, providing receptionist services, and exposing and processing digital oral x-rays. OR Successfully completed a 2-year dental assistant program or completion of a 2-year dental hygiene program accredited by the American Dental Association's Commission on Accreditation that included at least 12 semester hours of courses such as radiation physics; radiation biology; radiation health, safety and protection; x-ray films and radiographic film quality, radiographic techniques; darkroom and processing techniques; and film mounting. OR A combination of experience and education. If education is used to meet specialized experience requirements, then such education must include courses directly related to the work of the position. Radiological Certification Requirements for GS-3 and GS-4 Public Law 97-35 requires that persons who administer radiological procedures meet the credentialing standards, which are set forth in 42 CFR Part 75. Essentially, they must (1) have successfully completed an educational program which meets or exceeds the standards described in that regulation and which is credited by an organization recognized by the Department of Education, and (2) be certified as radiographers in their field. The following meet these requirements:
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package. See required documents below.
Click 'Apply' to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account.
1. Follow the prompts to upload required documents and complete the assessment questionnaire.
2. Please ensure you click the 'Submit Application' button to submit your application.
3. Applications must be received by the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
4. Check application status by logging into your USAJOBS account, clicking Home, then click the Job Title to expand the details. Return to an incomplete application by clicking Apply Online in the vacancy announcement and re-selecting your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account.
The IHS provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Human Resources Office (Erin Biery, (405) 951-3726, and/or Erin.Biery@ihs.gov.) The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
For additional questions please see our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) found here: https://www.ihs.gov/jobs/index.cfm?module=faq
Agency contact information
AddressOklahoma Area Indian Health Service
701 Market Drive
Oklahoma City, OK
You can track the progress of your application package via your USAJobs account. You will receive an acknowledgement from USAJobs that your submission was successful once we have received your on-line occupational questionnaire, resume, and any supporting documentation. You will be notified of the status of your application via your USAJobs Account after we conduct a qualification review of your complete application package. You will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempt to conceal information may disqualify you for employment consideration. We may verify all information you provide in your resume and questionnaire responses, through reference and/or background check, and/or verification of your education. If you are selected, you will be contacted personally by the human resources office posting this announcement.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed are received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
~ ~ ~ Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer ~ ~ ~
Additional selection(s) of candidates may be possible within 90 days from the date the certificate of eligibles was issued for this announcement. This position may be covered by a Bargaining Unit depending upon location. This position may have promotion potential to the GS-04 grade level. Promotion to the next grade level is at management's discretion and is based on your demonstrated ability to perform the higher level duties, the continuing need for the higher level duties, and "Regulatory/Administrative" approval. Promotion to the next higher grade level is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied. Temporary positions are not eligible for promotions without competition, unless the selectee was within reach at the higher grade on the initial certificate of eligibles. Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. IHS may offer newly-appointed Federal employees credit for their directly related previous non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which they earn annual leave is earned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a pre-employment fingerprint check and background investigation. Fingerprint results and background investigation documentation must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints and background investigation documentation. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- This is a designated position covered by Public Law 101-630, requiring contact or control over Indian children. Upon tentative selection, selectee will be requested to complete, sign, and submit the Addendum to OF-306, Child Care & Indian Child Care Worker Position form. Due to this requirement, the agency must ensure that persons hired for these positions have not been found guilty of or pleaded nolo contendere or guilty to certain crimes.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957. Seasonal Influenza immunization is required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Service health care facilities.
Required Documentation for Eligibility and Preference:
- Resume: You are highly encouraged to use USAJOBS Resume Builder to ensure all required information is included in your Resume. If you use your own resume, curriculum vitae, or any other written form you choose then you must describe your job-related qualifications that includes beginning and ending dates for paid and non-paid work experience, hours worked per week, month and year of employment for each job title listed, annual salary, and description of job duties. Include name and address of employer; supervisor name and telephone number.
- Indian Preference Applicants: If claiming Indian preference, applicants must provide a completed copy of the Form BIA-4432, "Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the BIA and IHS Only." Indian preference will not be given unless a properly signed and dated form is submitted with your application, including any verification by an authorized Tribal Representative or BIA Official of tribal enrollment records. For detailed instructions, see form BIA-4432. Refer to BIA-4432 link: http://www.bia.gov/cs/groups/xois/documents/document/idc1-029504.pdf. When an Indian Preference candidate possesses Veterans' preference the rules regarding Veterans' preference apply under ESEP and the applicant must provide documentation in order to receive preference.
- Veterans Preference: If claiming Veteran's Preference provide a copy of your DD214 Form (Member 4 copy). To claim 10-Point Veteran's Preference, submit a SF-15 Application (http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf) along with the appropriate supporting documentation. For additional information regarding Veterans Preference visit: www.fedshirevets.gov
- Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): If you are claiming CTAP/ICTAP, follow the instructions below: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/ctap_guideline.pdf
- Current or former Federal employee: Include your most recent SF50 or if Reinstatement eligible include your Career SF-50.
- Noncompetitive eligibles: submit additional documents to prove your eligibility to apply to this vacancy.
- Transcripts: Must be provided if substituting education for experience. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable but official transcripts will be required before entrance on duty.
- Radiological Certification: When applying for GS-3/4 level positions, you MUST submit a copy of your current IHS or State (or foreign jurisdiction) radiological health and safety certification of competency, or proof of otherwise meeting Radiological Requirement.
The first Cut-off date for receipt/referral of applications to be considered for available vacant positions will be 11/29/2017. Other Cut-off dates will be established based on the date requests for List of Eligibles are received to fill other vacancies. 10 pt. Veterans Preference applicants who submit a complete application after a Cut-off date but before the List of Eligibles is issued, will be considered and referred on the list, if qualified.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Agency contact information
AddressOklahoma Area Indian Health Service 701 Market Drive Oklahoma City OK US
PROwESS Resume Optimizer
Score, Target and Improve Your Resume For Any Federal JobThe most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Our new tool uses artificial intelligence to score your resume, and provide task statements and word suggestions which will improve your resume.
Introducing Interactive Job Vacancy Announcements
We have pulled just the important line items from the Federal vacancy and put them all in one place. No more search all over to find the key items you need to address. Including importing the Occupational Questionnaire where available. Each scored, each searchable for concepts, keywords and related tasks that you might add to your resume to improve your score.
Key Features Include:
- Pop-up competency definitions
- Highlighted Keyword matches from your resume
- Line-item scoring resume vs job
- Suggestions for improved language
A Resume Editor with Keyword Suggestions
The most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain.
A Resume Editor That Comes Alive With Suggestions
Score Your Resume Against Each Job Line Item
The most successful candidate's tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain. Keyword matches will show up as green and your resume's overall match for the each item in the job description will be graded with up to 5 stars. Each line in the job description can be clicked revealing semantically related topics, flush with keyword suggestions that you might choose to include in your resume, and thousands of example job description statements that can show you the most effective ways to state your experience.
Find Great Content and Impactful Language
PROwESS subscribers will see concept definitions, related concepts, power keywords (nouns, verbs and adjectives related to the concept), and related task statements.
PROwESS is unique and affordable. Continuous and targeted resume improvement with a few clicks. Order now for as less than $6 per month.Order Now