Dental Officer Supervisory Dental Officer
Indian Health Service
Department Of Health And Human Services
$98,967 to $230,000
01/27/2017 to 01/26/2018
Professional Services: Provides clinical diagnosis, evaluation, studies and treatment services of professionally acceptable quantity and quality in accordance with sound public health practices.Education and Information: Provides professional information and educational services to patients, other citizens of the community(s) who reside within the scope of work area assigned, and to other health service workers as appropriate.Resource and Performance Accountability: Provides data, reports and other information as required for dental program accountability, evaluates resource and staff performance within the scope of billet responsibility and acts in accordance with performance standards.Professional Growth and Development: Pursues professional growth and development experience, skills, and knowledge.Organizational Support: Provides supervisory and teamwork services in support of the above operational unit of the Indian Health Service, the IHS, HRSA, PHS, and to the Federal Government and the dental profession at large.Performs other position related duties as assigned.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment fingerprint check
- Selectee will be subject to a background investigation
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- U.S. Citizenship is required
To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you MUST submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume.
EDUCATION:Degree in dental surgery (D.D.S.) or dental medicine (D.M.D.) from a school approved by the Council on Dental Education, American Dental Association (ADA); or other dental school, provided the education and knowledge acquired was substantially equivalent to that of graduates from a ADA approved school.
LICENSURE:Applicants MUST be currently licensed to practice dentistry in a State, the District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico.Applicants who meet the basic requirements qualify for GS-11.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS for GS-12:For purposes of this standard, the following terms are defined.1. Approved internship; Approved residency - Training in a hospital dental internship or residency approved by the Council on Dental Education of the ADA.2. Graduate-level study; Either dental graduate study leading to an advanced degree such as Master of Science, or postgraduate (non-degree) dental school study involving a level on instruction comparable to that provided in a graduated degree program.3. National certifying board; An examining board in a special area of dental practice recognized by the Council on Dental Education of the ADA.4. Board Eligibility; Qualification for examination by a national certifying board as a result of having met the advanced training program requirements for a dental specialty.
FOR SPECIALIST POSITIONS:Experience and/or training must clearly establish the applicant's status as a specialist. Agencies should review the applicant's experience to determine the types and difficulty of the cases dealt with, the level of knowledge and understanding of the specialization regularly required, the degree of diagnostic skills and treatment planning ability involved and the pertinent graduate study acquired.GS-12: Two (2) years of professional dentistry experience and/or training; or superior academic ability defined as that demonstrated by an intern, who on the basis of an evaluation of all interns who have completed training in the same hospital or in the same kind of internship program over the past five (5) years, would fall into the upper half of the group.
MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS:Applicants MUST be able to distinguish shades of color. Experience and/or training must be one of the following types :1.) Post-licensure professional experience in the general practice of dentistry.2.) Approved internship or residency training.3.) Graduate-level study in an accredited dental school.4.) Post-licensure professional experience in a specialized area of practice.5.) Other advanced study or training (outside a dental school or hospital) creditable towards satisfaction of training program requirements for Board eligibility.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:Specialized experience is defined as, work concerned with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases, injuries and deformities of the teeth, the jaws, organs of the mouth, and other structures and connective tissues associated with the oral cavity.The selected individual is required to obtain and maintain medical staff clinical privileges, including any licensure requirements. If privileges are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee will be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from Federal service.
You must meet the qualification requirement of this position by the issuance date of the selection roster.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
How to Apply
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following 1904596. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.You are highly encouraged to submit your application package and complete your assessment questionnaire on-line. If you cannot complete your application package online:
PLEASE NOTE: When completing the 1203-FX, be sure to select only one response for each question. Selecting more than one response for a question may result in your application package being rated ineligible. In Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire, you may notice that the numbering restarts with number one. When entering your responses on the 1203-FX form please continue to enter your responses on the next available number within this section. The numbers on the 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire once it restarts with number one.
Submission of a resume' or a 1203FX form alone IS NOT a complete application. This position requires the completion of additional forms and/or supplemental materials as described under Required Documents section.
The IHS provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Human Resources Office Mr. Troy Bad Moccasin, Human Resources Staffing Officer, (605) 226-7217, and/or email@example.com. "The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis."
For additional questions please see our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) found here: http://www.ihs.gov/jobs/index.cfm?module=search&option=faq
How You Will Be Evaluated
If you meet the minimum qualifications requirements for this position, your application will be evaluated and rated under Category Rating selection procedures. Once the application process is complete, a review of your qualifications will be conducted to determine if you are qualified for this job. Qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. The quality categories are: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within each of these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-preference eligibles.
Please note that if, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your category rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities, or you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume (your resume must state specific duties that relate to this position) and your responses to the assessment questions will be evaluated against the duties you provided in your resume, along with your submitted documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following:
- Medical Reasoning;
- Diagnostic Tasks;
- Information Management;
- Oral Communication;
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Veterans , i.e. (VEOA, VRA, and 30% or more disabled) - https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/veterans-services/vet-guide/
- Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) - http://www.ihs.gov/jobs/permanentDocs/ctap.doc
- Interagency Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) - https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/
- Schedule A Appointments for the Disabled - https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/disability-employment/hiring/
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a fingerprint check. Fingerprint results must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Drug testing is not required.
- This position is covered by a Bargaining Unit.
- Selectee(s) are required to have a viable bank account at a financial institution for electronic direct deposit of salary payment.
- A two-year trial period may be required upon selection/placement (ESEP only)
CLINCAL PRIVELEGES:This position will require that you obtain and maintain clinical privileges. IF they are not obtained and maintained during employment, the incumbent may be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from the Federal service.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Required Documentation for Eligibility and Preference:
- Resume: You You are highly encouraged to use USAJOBS Resume Builder to ensure all required information is included in your Resume. If you use your own resume, curriculum vitae, or any other written form you choose then you must describe your job-related qualifications that includes beginning and ending dates for paid and non-paid work experience (month and year), hours worked per week, annual salary, and description of job duties. Include name and address of employer; supervisor name and telephone number..
- Indian Preference Applicants: Indian preference will not be given unless a properly signed and dated Form BIA-4432 (Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the BIA and IHS Only) is submitted with your application, including any verification by an authorized Tribal Representative or BIA Official of tribal enrollment records, this may include the completion of the family history chart if necessary. If you are obtaining a new form you must provide a completed copy of the Form BIA-4432 with expiration date 1/31/2018. For detailed instructions on how to obtain a completed form, see Form BIA-4432. You must also complete the family history chart if necessary. Refer to BIA-4432 link: http://www.bia.gov/cs/groups/xois/documents/document/idc1-029504.pdf.
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) or other Veterans preference (VRA and 30% or more disabled): include a copy of your DD-214, if you're claiming Vet preference. For more information please see link at:http://opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/veterans-services/vet-guide/
- Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) ? If you are claiming CTAP/ICTAP, follow the instructions below: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/ctap_guideline.pdf.
- A copy of current unrestricted Professional Dental License.
The first Cut-off date for receipt/referral of applications to be considered for available vacant positions will be established. Other Cut-off dates will be established based on the date requests for List of Eligibles are received to fill other vacancies. 10 pt. Veterans Preference applicants who submit a complete application after a Cut-off date but before the List of Eligibles is issued, will be considered and referred on the list, if qualified. the closing of this announcement.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Department Of Health And Human Services
Indian Health Service
PHS Indian Health Hospital in Belcourt, North Dakota
AddressIndian Health Service HR Center APPLY ONLINE OR BY FAX ONLY SEE INSTRUCTIONS UNDER THE HOW TO APPLY TAB MD
PROwESS Resume Optimizer
Score, Target and Improve Your Resume For Any Federal JobThe most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Our new tool uses artificial intelligence to score your resume, and provide task statements and word suggestions which will improve your resume.
Introducing Interactive Job Vacancy Announcements
We have pulled just the important line items from the Federal vacancy and put them all in one place. No more search all over to find the key items you need to address. Including importing the Occupational Questionnaire where available. Each scored, each searchable for concepts, keywords and related tasks that you might add to your resume to improve your score.
Key Features Include:
- Pop-up competency definitions
- Highlighted Keyword matches from your resume
- Line-item scoring resume vs job
- Suggestions for improved language
A Resume Editor with Keyword Suggestions
The most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain.
A Resume Editor That Comes Alive With Suggestions
Score Your Resume Against Each Job Line Item
The most successful candidate's tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain. Keyword matches will show up as green and your resume's overall match for the each item in the job description will be graded with up to 5 stars. Each line in the job description can be clicked revealing semantically related topics, flush with keyword suggestions that you might choose to include in your resume, and thousands of example job description statements that can show you the most effective ways to state your experience.
Find Great Content and Impactful Language
PROwESS subscribers will see concept definitions, related concepts, power keywords (nouns, verbs and adjectives related to the concept), and related task statements.
PROwESS is unique and affordable. Continuous and targeted resume improvement with a few clicks. Order now for as less than $6 per month.Order Now