Electronic Integrated Systems Mechanic
Robins AFB, GA
Air National Guard Units (Title 32)
Department of the Air Force
$25 to $29
05/29/2017 to 05/04/2018
The following list is not comprehensive but provides a snapshot of some of the duties that may be required of this position:
- Performs maintenance on one or more complete electronic integrated systems such as the Fuel Savings Advisory System (FSAS), Self Contained Navigation System (SCNS), All Weather Landing System, and Malfunction Detection, Analysis, and Recording System (MADAR). Completes operational checks, inspections, tests, and trouble shooting of line replaceable units (LRUs) which are linked with the integrated systems and, also a number of LRUs which are independent or associated with nonintegrated systems.
- Performs maintenance on automatic flight control systems, instrument systems, communications and navigation systems, and inertial navigations systems. Completes bench check, testing, repair, inspection, modification, programming, reprogramming, mating, adjusting, alignment, and analyzing of LRUs and shop replaceable units (SRUs). Uses a variety of test equipment such as automatic test equipment (ATE), oscilloscopes, frequency counters, phase-angle voltmeters, optical alignment equipment, digital pitot-static testers, programming units and special purpose test analyzers.
- Recommends methods to improve equipment performance, technical data, and maintenance procedures by reporting hardware and software malfunctions, initiates material deficiency reports both on equipment and in technical data, and assists in design changes as necessary. Conducts debriefing of aircrews to determine the nature of system malfunctions then documents all maintenance performed and records information related to the system, LRUs, or SRUs on both aircraft and historical records.
- Processes and accounts for due-in from maintenance (DIFM) supply assets. Ensures that material and equipment are properly stored, protected and maintained and that funds are not obligated for material or parts without proper justification.
- Must be a current U.S. Citizen.
- Under 5 USC 2108 & 5 CFR 211, Veteran's Preference criteria does not apply.
- Direct Deposit Banking is Mandatory.
- Military Requirement: Enlisted AFSC 2A9X3C.
General Experience: Applicant must have experience which demonstrates knowledge of electronic theories and practices to identify, isolate and repair malfunctions in one or more complex integrated systems where knowledge of the entire system is necessary to interpret error data and trace back through a number of units of the system to locate deficiencies. Thorough knowledge of principles of digital and analog circuits, electro-mechanical devices, solid state devices, digital techniques, synchro/servo operation and integrated circuit theory. Ability to interpret and trace schematics, logic and wiring diagrams and use a wide variety of test, measurement, and diagnostic equipment (TMDE).
Specialized Experience: Applicant must have at least 18 months specialized experience in utilizing principles, basic functions and application of theory of electronic integrated systems equipment. Experience in diagnosing problems and determining needed repairs for malfunctions in electronic integrated systems equipment. Experience in making mechanical repairs that required the use of precision measuring and calibrating equipment. Experience in using a wide variety of test, measurement, and diagnostic equipment (TMDE). Experience which demonstrates the ability to interpret technical manuals, specifications, and publications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs): Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will be further evaluated by the Selecting Official based on the following KSAs considered essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Knowledge of the Surveillance Radar, Data Processing and Data Display Sub-Systems to identify, isolate and correct malfunctions between Surveillance Systems and other associated systems.
- Knowledge of mechanical and pneumatic principles as well as pressurizations, dehydration, and liquid cooling systems.
- Ability to use precision test equipment, test program information, technical data, wiring schematics, signal and data flow diagrams for inspection, repair, modification and calibration of Avionics equipment and associated equipment.
- Knowledge of Data Busses, Fiber Optic data transfer, Ethernet and LAN networks, electrical wiring and associated connectors to locate, diagnose and repair Surveillance System malfunctions.
- Knowledge of computers, computer networking and programming to diagnose and repair Surveillance System malfunctions.
Other Requirements:For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, selectee must have a valid state driver's license for the state in which they live or are principally employed.
For positions requring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret), selectee must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
National Guard Compatibility:Once an applicant is selected and prior to being placed in the technician position, the selectee must be assigned to any unit in the Georgia Air National Guard as an Enlisted member in AFSC: 2A9X3C.
Rank inversion is strictly prohibited.
Wear of the Air Force uniform as prescribed by AFR/NGB/GA NGR is required for incumbent of this position. Acceptance of this position constitutes concurrence with this requirement as a condition of employment.
Preplacement Medical Requirements:Selectee will be required to undergo medical testing, at the government's expense, prior to beginning employment. Medical tests are used to determine fitness and eligiblity for employment.
Certificate of Medical Examination:will be used to determine the fitness and eligibility for employment. Upon review of results, the Human Resources Officer will approve selection, require additional medical information, or find selectee medically disqualified for employment and withdraw said offer.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
Your résumé; If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may be found ineligible/not qualified. Please follow all instructions carefully.
A complete Assessment Questionnaire;
Note:Applicants are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to use the USA JOBS Resume Builder to apply for this position. Do not submit an OF-612; it is obsolete and no longer accepted. If you choose to use your personal resume, ensure that your resume includes mandatory information Resume note: Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determination, your resume must contain hours worked per week and month/year format for all dates of employment. If the required information is not reflected, consideration will not be given in the qualification process.
Note:To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following Vacancy ID: 1954433. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
If you cannot apply online:
Click the following link to view and print the assessment questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire, and
Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the assessment questionnaire http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdfimage/opm1203fx.pdf and
Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire.
The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Department of the Air Force
Air National Guard Units (Title 32)
AddressGeorgia National Guard Human Resources Office Staffing Do Not Mail or Fax Applications Here Marietta GA USA
PROwESS Resume Optimizer
Score, Target and Improve Your Resume For Any Federal JobThe most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Our new tool uses artificial intelligence to score your resume, and provide task statements and word suggestions which will improve your resume.
Introducing Interactive Job Vacancy Announcements
We have pulled just the important line items from the Federal vacancy and put them all in one place. No more search all over to find the key items you need to address. Including importing the Occupational Questionnaire where available. Each scored, each searchable for concepts, keywords and related tasks that you might add to your resume to improve your score.
Key Features Include:
- Pop-up competency definitions
- Highlighted Keyword matches from your resume
- Line-item scoring resume vs job
- Suggestions for improved language
A Resume Editor with Keyword Suggestions
The most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain.
A Resume Editor That Comes Alive With Suggestions
Score Your Resume Against Each Job Line Item
The most successful candidate's tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain. Keyword matches will show up as green and your resume's overall match for the each item in the job description will be graded with up to 5 stars. Each line in the job description can be clicked revealing semantically related topics, flush with keyword suggestions that you might choose to include in your resume, and thousands of example job description statements that can show you the most effective ways to state your experience.
Find Great Content and Impactful Language
PROwESS subscribers will see concept definitions, related concepts, power keywords (nouns, verbs and adjectives related to the concept), and related task statements.
PROwESS is unique and affordable. Continuous and targeted resume improvement with a few clicks. Order now for as less than $6 per month.Order Now