Robins AFB, GA
Air Force Personnel Center
Department of the Air Force
$21 to $25
03/28/2017 to 03/27/2018
· Install, modifies, overhauls, maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs electronics equipment
· Troubleshoot, modifies, repairs, and test electrical systems, components, and accessories with simple to moderate complex wiring systems under actual or ground power such as flight control, landing gear, stall warning etc.
· Uses and maintains hand tools such as screwdrivers, drills, wrenches, etc.
· Utilizes safety practices and procedures following established safety rules and regulations
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal & Regulatory Guidance
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
EXPERIENCE: Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C; for additional information click here. Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most trade and labor occupations, you must meet any screen-out element(s) listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
Job Elements: Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
· Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision (Screen-out Element, Job Element 1)
· Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc. (Job Element 2-E)
· Use of Test Equipment: Electronics (Job Element 60-A)
· Theory of Electronics (Job Element 62)
· Ability To Use Hand and Power Tools ? Electronics (Job Element 81-E)
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
· Frequently lifts and carries, unassisted, items weighing 25 pounds; sometimes required to lift and carry items weighting more than 50 pounds with the help of weight handling equipment or with assistance from other workers.
· Work requires frequent standing, walking, bending, crouching, reaching, and stooping; frequent climbs up and down ladders, check stands, work platforms, scaffolding; and aircraft structures while making repairs or installations
· Some work may require the aid of magnifying lenses, eye loops, and microscopes to accomplish repairs on miniature components
· Works in hangars, on flight lines, outdoors, in parked aircraft; subject to drafts, noise, and varying temperatures in hangers and weather, temperature, and noise extremes on flight lines; and must work in confined areas and in awkward positions
· Exposed to dust, dirt, grease, oil, flumes, solvents, and other aircraft fluids, hydraulic fluids and hazardous fluids and gases such as hydrazine and halon while working on aircraft in various stages of repair or modifications
· Exposed to the possibility of abrasions, cuts, burns, muscle strains, and injury from falls off scaffolds, ladders, check stands, and aircraft surfaces; and exposed to intake suction, hot exhaust blast, electrical shock, and skin/eye irritation
· May be required to work rotating shifts or uncommon tours of duty; and subject to call back to meet emergency situations
· May be required to possess a valid operator's license to drive a motor vehicle to and from work sites
· May be required to obtain an appropriate clearance to perform the work in sensitive areas
· May be required to perform duties in a TDY status
· This is a testing designated position (TDP). Employee is subject to random drug test under the Air Force Drug Testing Program.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest time stamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent". It is your responsibility to check the status and time stamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Tuesday, March 27, 2018
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click here for the required cover page. This Vacancy ID is 1934452. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144. All supporting documents should be uploaded to your USAJOBS account and included with your application package. Faxing documents should be used as a last resort; do not fax duplicate documents.
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire.
Please note:The numbering on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire in Section 25 of the OPM Form 1203-FX, which continuously numbers from number one, while the Questionnaire starts each section of questions with number one. When entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately. Click here for the OPM Form 1203-FX.
3. Fax all required documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicant?s responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
Your application will be rated under the Category Rating procedures based on the extent to which the quality, depth, and complexity of your experience and education relate to the qualifications requirement. Additional points are not added for Veteran's Preference; however, Veteran Preference is still applied.
Category 3, Best Qualified: Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements.
Category 2, Highly Qualified: Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements.
Category 1, Qualified: Candidates in this category meet the minimum education and/or experience requirements.Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire. The numeric rating you received is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated in the "Highly Qualified" or above "Best Qualified" Category on the rating criteria for this position.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement.
· Online Application (Questionnaire)
· Resume - If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
· Transcripts, if qualifying based on education
· Veterans' Preference - a copy of your DD Form 214 which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10 point preference you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of purple heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference).
VETERANS AND ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBERS: The appointing authorities for Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA), the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA), and 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans, as well as all claims of veterans' preference for employment, require proof of active duty service. Proof of creditable active duty is usually demonstrated by submitting a DD214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, with your application. For active duty members who have not yet received a DD214, the Veterans Opportunity to Work (VOW) to Hire Heroes Act (5 U.S.C., Chapter 21, Section 2108a) allows you to furnish a "certification" of your active service. A "certification" is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the "certification" is submitted. Agencies are required to accept, process, and grant tentative veterans' preference to those active duty service members who submit a certification along with their job application materials. The "certification" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin (if applicable), your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. If you are claiming veterans' preference for employment or are applying for consideration under the VRA, VEOA, or 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans appointment authorities and fail to provide a DD214 or valid "certification" of service with your initial application, you will not be afforded veterans' preference and/or will be found ineligible for consideration. Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Department of the Air Force
Air Force Personnel Center
AddressAFPC DPIDOC 455 Byron Street Robins AFB GA
PROwESS Resume Optimizer
Score, Target and Improve Your Resume For Any Federal JobThe most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Our new tool uses artificial intelligence to score your resume, and provide task statements and word suggestions which will improve your resume.
Introducing Interactive Job Vacancy Announcements
We have pulled just the important line items from the Federal vacancy and put them all in one place. No more search all over to find the key items you need to address. Including importing the Occupational Questionnaire where available. Each scored, each searchable for concepts, keywords and related tasks that you might add to your resume to improve your score.
Key Features Include:
- Pop-up competency definitions
- Highlighted Keyword matches from your resume
- Line-item scoring resume vs job
- Suggestions for improved language
A Resume Editor with Keyword Suggestions
The most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain.
A Resume Editor That Comes Alive With Suggestions
Score Your Resume Against Each Job Line Item
The most successful candidate's tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain. Keyword matches will show up as green and your resume's overall match for the each item in the job description will be graded with up to 5 stars. Each line in the job description can be clicked revealing semantically related topics, flush with keyword suggestions that you might choose to include in your resume, and thousands of example job description statements that can show you the most effective ways to state your experience.
Find Great Content and Impactful Language
PROwESS subscribers will see concept definitions, related concepts, power keywords (nouns, verbs and adjectives related to the concept), and related task statements.
PROwESS is unique and affordable. Continuous and targeted resume improvement with a few clicks. Order now for as less than $6 per month.Order Now