Explosives And Material Handler (Flo)
U.S. Army Joint Munitions Command
Department of the Army
$18 to $21
03/24/2017 to 02/22/2018
- Defusing, de-boostering, pull apart or similar machines to remove or assemble components from or to complete items.
- Drilling machines to remove stakings; vacuum systems and/or hand powered equipment to clean and/or draw off explosive residue.
Operates such equipment by placing items and/or components in holding devices or in proper position in machines, manipulating levers or controls to effect operation, removing items or components from machine and replacing on conveyor belts, skids, carts, hand trucks, in boxes, etc., as required.
Receives documents and selects items to be shipped, spots conveyances to proper loading locations, opens and seals doors, tallies stock in and out, palletizes, assembles in temporary shipping area.
Refers to applicable automated document systems concerning proper item description, packaging, marking, labeling, handling, and other criteria such as explosive weight, United Nationals (UN) markings, item compatibility, etc.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Tour of Duty: Full Time
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Bargaining Unit: Yes
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered.
Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to submit a thorough resume that directly relates to this position.Applicants must meet the requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Job Qualification System for Trades and Labor Occupations (X-118C). Additional qualification information can be found at: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/x-118c/tabindx.asp.
Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most trade and labor occupations, you must show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the job elements and screen out listed below.Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
SCREEN OUT: Ability to do the work of an Explosive and Material Handler (FLO) Operator: Experience working on complex operations with minimal supervision. I am able to operate equipment, make adjustments, and follow complex written and verbal instructions. Adhere to regulations, apply quality standards, and ensure proper safety practices are followed with little or no supervision.
The ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision:
Work is performed on hard surfaces and requires working in tiring and uncomfortable positions. The work normally requires extensive standing, walking, repeated bending, kneeling, and the use of both hands. Requires listing and carrying supplies, materials and equipment that weigh up to 70 pounds. May occasionally handle items that weigh up to 100 pounds.
Work is performed inside maintenance buildings, warehouses, igloos, in open areas, and on receiving and shipping docks. The areas may be cold, drafty and damp, or hot. There is considerable possibility of injury from falling or dropped stock, exposure to cuts, bruises, lacerations, and hazards associated with handling explosive loaded materials, such as cuts, burns, bruises and sprains. The duties performed are regularly subjected to dirt, noise, dust, fumes, smoke and gases. Protective clothing is issued as determined necessary by supervisor and safety procedures.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- Permanent change of station will not be authorized.
- Defense National Relocation Program will not be authorized.
- If you are selected for this assignment, your selection will be subject to your current supervisor's approval before a final job offer will be made. You are encouraged to coordinate your interest in this assignment with your supervisor prior to responding to this announcement.
- Mulitple positions maybe filled from this announcements.
- This position may be filled by temporary promotion, temporary reassignment, conversion to TEMPORARY appointment OR a new TEMPORARY Appointment depending upon who is selected.
- This position is being filled as a TEMPORARY position and may be extended in one year increments up to a maximum of Two years, The position may be made permanent without further competition, for status candidates.
- Further certification from this announcement may take place up to 90 days beyond the closing date of this announcement.
Conditions of Employment:
- This is a drug testing designated position
- This position requires a back ground investigation.
- This position requires a pre-employment physical and annual physical thereafter.
- This position is covered by the 1996 Lautenberg amendment.
- This position requires a Fork lift license.
- The incumbent of this job is subject to the training, qualification, certification and retraining requirements of AMC-R 350-4 for operations personnel involved in conventional and/or toxic chemical ammunition operations.
- This position requires business travel 5% of the time.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Thursday, February 22, 2018 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
- Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
- To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
- It is your responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. Faxed documents must be completely transmitted by 11:59p.m. Eastern Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Your requests for reasonable accommodation will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating - Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories:
Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. **Veteran preference eligible are listed ahead of non-preference eligible within each quality category.
Best Qualified - Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience toexceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
Highly Qualified - Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
Qualified- Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. Well-qualified is defined as meeting all of the minimum qualification standards and eligibility requirements as well as possessing skills that clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. Under competitive delegated examining, an ICTAP eligible will be considered well-qualified if they attain an eligibility rating of 90 or higher, not including points for veterans' preference. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/ctap/index.asp.
Verification of CTAP or ICTAP eligibility as described above.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet. In accordance with section 9902(h) of title 5, United States Code, annuitants reemployed in the Department of Defense shall receive full annuity and salary upon appointment. They shall not be eligible for retirement contributions, participation in the Thrift Savings Plan, or a supplemental or redetermined annuity for the reemployment period. Discontinued service retirement annuitants (i.e. retired under section 8336(d)(1) or 8416(b)(1)(A) of title 5, United States Code) appointed to the Department of Defense may elect to be subject to retirement provisions of the new appointment as appropriate. (See DoD instructions 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
- Although TEMPORARY employees often are hired following the same competitive procedures that are used for hiring permanent employees, TEMPORARY employees do not have status in the competitive service. Consequently, unless they attained status through an earlier appointment, they cannot be selected from their TEMPORARY appointment for permanent career or career conditional appointments through internal merit promotion procedures. Such conversions cannot occur without special legal authority.
- Future Separation from the Military*: You are required to submit a copy of your most recent DD Form 214 (Member 4 Copy) OR certification document** OR a copy of your most recent active duty orders AND a copy of your terminal leave request (if applicable). You will be required to provide your DD Form 214(Member 4 Copy) upon issuance.
- *Active duty military members who are selected may not be appointed unless on terminal leave or already separated from the armed forces.
- ** The "certification" is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted. The Statement of Service must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters, AND the Statement of Service letter must include your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge, Character of Service (i.e. honorable), and, if applicable, when your terminal leave will begin.
- Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc). Please review the following links to see which documents you need to provide to prove your eligibility to apply: Applicant Merit Checklist and Proof of Eligibility.
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
- Your resume may be submitted in any format.
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application will be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: You MUST submit a copy of your transcript if you want to substitute your education for experience. If you claim qualifications based on education, and do not submit a transcript, your education will not be used in making a qualification determination and you may be found "not qualified." See: Transcripts and Licenses
Proof of Eligibility to Apply: Your application must include the documents which prove you are eligible to apply for the vacancy. The ?Proof of Eligibility? document describes authorities commonly used in merit promotion recruitment and what document(s) are required to prove you meet the requirements of the authority. You must meet the requirements of at least of the authorities listed in the Who May Apply section above to receive further consideration.
If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents follow the directions located at: Faxing Applications and Documents The Vacancy ID is 1912607. You will need the questionnaire, View Occupational Questionnaire, to complete your faxed application.
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Department of the Army
U.S. Army Joint Munitions Command
Blue Grass Army Depot, Chief of Mission Management
ContactCentral Resume Processing Center Phone: (000)000-0000
AddressDA SWR Blue Grass Please contact by email Aberdeen Proving Ground MD
PROwESS Resume Optimizer
Score, Target and Improve Your Resume For Any Federal JobThe most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Our new tool uses artificial intelligence to score your resume, and provide task statements and word suggestions which will improve your resume.
Introducing Interactive Job Vacancy Announcements
We have pulled just the important line items from the Federal vacancy and put them all in one place. No more search all over to find the key items you need to address. Including importing the Occupational Questionnaire where available. Each scored, each searchable for concepts, keywords and related tasks that you might add to your resume to improve your score.
Key Features Include:
- Pop-up competency definitions
- Highlighted Keyword matches from your resume
- Line-item scoring resume vs job
- Suggestions for improved language
A Resume Editor with Keyword Suggestions
The most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain.
A Resume Editor That Comes Alive With Suggestions
Score Your Resume Against Each Job Line Item
The most successful candidate's tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain. Keyword matches will show up as green and your resume's overall match for the each item in the job description will be graded with up to 5 stars. Each line in the job description can be clicked revealing semantically related topics, flush with keyword suggestions that you might choose to include in your resume, and thousands of example job description statements that can show you the most effective ways to state your experience.
Find Great Content and Impactful Language
PROwESS subscribers will see concept definitions, related concepts, power keywords (nouns, verbs and adjectives related to the concept), and related task statements.
PROwESS is unique and affordable. Continuous and targeted resume improvement with a few clicks. Order now for as less than $6 per month.Order Now