If you want to do interesting and challenging work and to make a contribution to national defense, DISA is a great place for you.
DISA provides secure and reliable communications and computing support that enable the President and our military forces to communicate globally through voice, video, and data transmission. DISA is a leader within the Federal Government in implementing "people programs" and offers a broad range of quality-of-life and training programs.
Occasional travel - Travel - Occasional
Education is not substitutable for specialized experience for this grade level.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. We will review your resume and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this job. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package. See required documents below.
1. Click 'Apply Online' to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account.
2. Follow the prompts to complete the assessment questionnaire and upload required documents.
3. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application.
4. Check application status by logging into your USAJOBS account, clicking Application Status, then More Information for this position. Return to an incomplete application by logging into your USAJOBS account and clicking Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
All information included in the resume and Occupational Questionnaire is subject to review and verification. HR will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements. Applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be further evaluated by information provided in the Occupational Questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have misrepresented your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position and, if you're already an employee, you may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including removal from Federal service.
The occupational questionnaire and the resume that you submit will be used to assess your qualifications for the job, and to identify the best qualified applicants to be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps has been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
Application of Veterans Preference: The Category Rating Method does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three," but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligible's who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-9 grade level or higher. A selecting official may make selections from the highest quality category (Best Qualified) provided no preference eligible in that category is passed over to select a non-preference eligible in that category unless the requirements of 5 U.S.C. 3317(b) or 3318(b) are satisfied.
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Resume, you are encouraged to choose only ONE method of submitting your resume. (HR will review the resume that the system date stamps as the latest one received and this may not be the resume which best reflects your qualifications for the job and may result in an ineligible rating.) You may submit your resume by: attaching it within your USAJOBS account; uploading it within your Application Manager account; OR faxing it.
2. Complete Assessment Questionnaire
3. Other Supporting Documents
The following supporting documents are ONLY required if applicable to your personal qualifications or status. They must be received by the closing date of the announcement or at the time of application if applying to an announcement with an extended closing date.
1. Transcripts and/or Certifications: All applicants to include current agency employees/contractors must submit documentation if you are substituting education for experience. All applicants must also submit documentation for proof of meeting the basic education requirement.You must submit documentation to substantiate any claim of education. Please submit a copy of your transcripts or a list of courses, grades earned. To be creditable, education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
2. Veterans Preference: If you are claiming veteran's preference, you MUST submit the appropriate documentation. Failure to do so WILL result in the loss of veteran's preference, and will possibly impact your placement on the certificate. For more veterans' information please click here.
- 10-Point Veterans' Preference: You MUST submit a signed SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof as required by the SF-15. Click here for a copy of the SF-15.
- 5-Point Veterans' Preference: You MUST submit a copy of your DD-214 which includes Character of Service (usually Member-4 copy). If you are currently active duty, you may submit written documentation (certification) from your branch of service certifying that you are expected to be discharged or released from active duty under honorable conditions no later than 120 days after the date the certification is signed. The certification should also include when your terminal leave will begin, your rank and dates of active duty service.
3. Military Spouse Preference: Copy of spousal travel orders providing eligibility.
4. ICTAP Eligibles: A copy of the RIF separation notice and SF-50 if available.
5. Cover Letter: You may submit a cover letter which will be forwarded to the selecting official with your resume. Your cover letter will not be used to verify your qualifications or eligibility.
WARNING: Failure to submit a complete application package including any required documentation by 11:59 PM (EST) on 11/12/2018, or at the time of application for announcements with an extended closing date, may result in an ineligible rating and loss of consideration. To verify that your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, select Application Status and More Information. The Details page will display the status of your application. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
We have digitized and made available the exact criteria Federal hiring managers are required to use when grading their openings.