As a Licensed Practical Nurse at the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Gulf Coast Veterans Health Care System (GCVHCS), Nursing Service - Behavioral Health, the incumbent is responsible and accountable for all elements of the nursing process when providing and/or supervising direct patient care. The incumbent completes focused assessments, plans, implements and evaluates care based on age-specific components.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC.WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.Your application, résumé, C.V., and/or supporting documentation will be verified.Please follow all instructions carefully.Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment.
All applicants are encouraged to apply online. To apply for this position, you must complete the full questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 09/30/2019 to receive consideration. To preview the questionnaire click https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10463155.
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. After we receive application packages (including all required documents) and the vacancy announcement closes, we will review applications to ensure qualification and eligibility requirements are met. After the review is complete, a referral certificate(s) is issued and applicants will be notified of their status by email. Referred applicants will be notified as such and may be contacted directly by the hiring office for an interview. All referred applicants receive a final notification once a selection decision has been made.
You may check the status of your application at any time by logging into your USA Jobs account and clicking on Applications. Information regarding your application status can be found in the USAJobs Help Center.
Applications received after the first cut-off date, will be considered for the second cut-off, and so on throughout the life of the announcement and within your specific period of eligibility.
Please notify the Point of contact listed below if and when you update any of your information or application materials during the open period. If you wish to be considered after being referred and not selected you MUST re-apply to indicate your continued interest.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies. It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment. This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status. VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health-related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority. Veterans and Transitioning Service Members: Please visit the VA for Vets site for career-search tools for Veterans seeking employment at VA, career development services for our existing Veterans, and coaching and reintegration support for military service members. If you are unable to apply online view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes: Documents 1-3 (required from every applicant), documents 4-5 are only required if they apply to you.
1. Resume: Your resume must include the following information for each job you list: Job title; Complete Work Place Addresses; Duties (be as detailed as possible); Month and year start/end dates (e.g. June 2007 to April 2008); Full-time or part-time status, (include hours worked per week); Grade level held, if applicable. Information must be current not older than a year; Ensure your resume clearly details your applicable work experience to meet the KSAs outlined in the 'Qualifications' section
2. Application 10-2850c is required to be considered for this position. Please complete form in its entirety. If you answer "YES" to questions item # 15B and/or item # 28 through # 37, please attach a separate sheet of paper with a brief explanation for each question to which you answered "Yes". VA Form 10-2850c Application for Associated Health Occupations can be found at: http://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=2850&tkey=&Action=Search. Information must be current not older than a year. Outdated and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
3. Copy of all applicable licensure and certifications required for the position.
4. If current/former Federal employee: you must include your latest SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action, and SF-50 displaying your highest previous rate (if applicable). You may obtain these from your current Human Resources office or your e-Official Personnel Folder. The SF-50 must display: Title, Pay Plan, Occ Code, Grade, Tenure, and Position Occupied. This includes ICTAP/CTAP documentation for displaced Federal employees, to include a copy of the agency notice in addition to your last SF-50.
5. If prior military service: you must include all copies of your DD-214 Forms (Member-4 copy showing type of discharge and dates of service). Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability must also submit a copy of their disability rating letter from the Veterans Benefits Administration. Copies of your DD-214 may be requested by calling 800-827-1000 or TDD# 800-829-4833. If you are on terminal leave from active duty, attach a letter from your commander indicating the date of discharge and type of discharge. Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must also complete and submit an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference (available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf).
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
We have digitized and made available the exact criteria Federal hiring managers are required to use when grading their openings.