This position is for a SUPV ITSPEC (PLCYPLN), PD# D2173P01, and is part of the Nevada Air National Guard (ANG). This position is located in the Plans and Resources section of a Base Communications unit. This is an ANG Dual Status Technician position requiring military membership, compatible military skill assignment, and classification. This position serves as the Plans and Resources section supervisor and a senior Information Technology (IT) specialist.
1.Information Technology Planning:
(a) Analyzes requirements and establishes plans of action for improving IT applications.Analyzes existing and planned IT applications, both hardware and software, to determine current and future potential for enhancements.
(b) Performs as plans and policy advisor to functional users of information technology.Maintains required information assurance certification IAW DoD 8570.01-M, Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002, Clinger Cohen Act of 1996, in order to ensure the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of aDevelops and interprets policy for administering IT systems.
Plans and develops methods, procedures, policies, and techniques concerning telecommunication systems.Performs work involved in developing, refining, and complying with telecommunications systems planning and policy direction including short- and/or long-range planning.
3.General IT and Communications Planning and Resourcing:
(a) Implements IT and communications programs and special projects.Implements various IT and communications programs.Updates documentation and maintains listings of all authorized equipment for assigned programs.
(b) Assists with contracting functions and budget preparation.Upon completion of feasibility studies and other projects designed to identify functional needs and changing business requirements for advancements in technology, prepares budgetary data for inclusion in financial plans in support of programs and projects.
(c) Attends meetings and presents briefings.Participates in discussions, meetings, conferences, committees or special projects.Analyzes areas of concern, identifies problems, and resolves conflicts through persuasive discussions with management and user representatives.
4.Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work.Assigns work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of employees.
5.Adheres to management control plan requirements by conducting self inspection and staff assistance visits.Resolves identified discrepancies.
6.Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
1. Information Technology Planning:
(a) Analyzes requirements and establishes plans of action for improving IT applications. Analyzes existing and planned IT applications, both hardware and software, to determine current and future potential for enhancements.
(b) Performs as plans and policy advisor to functional users of information technology. Maintains required information assurance certification IAW DoD 8570.01-M, Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002, Clinger Cohen Act of 1996, in order to ensure the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of all information technology services. Develops and interprets policy for administering IT systems.
2. Telecommunications Planning:
Plans and develops methods, procedures, policies, and techniques concerning telecommunication systems. Performs work involved in developing, refining, and complying with telecommunications systems planning and policy direction including short- and/or long-range planning.
3. General IT and Communications Planning and Resourcing:
(a) Implements IT and communications programs and special projects. Implements various IT and communications programs. Updates documentation and maintains listings of all authorized equipment for assigned programs.
(b) Assists with contracting functions and budget preparation. Upon completion of feasibility studies and other projects designed to identify functional needs and changing business requirements for advancements in technology, prepares budgetary data for inclusion in financial plans in support of programs and projects.
(c) Attends meetings and presents briefings. Participates in discussions, meetings, conferences, committees or special projects. Analyzes areas of concern, identifies problems, and resolves conflicts through persuasive discussions with management and user representatives.
4. Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work. Assigns work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of employees.
5. Adheres to management control plan requirements by conducting self inspection and staff assistance visits. Resolves identified discrepancies.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. In compliance with Title 32 US Code, the compatible military skill set is determined by the applicable service manpower requirements. Upon selection, individuals are assigned to the authorized position and its compatible military skill in accordance with Air force skill classification directives, statutes, and National Guard Bureau regulations. The Dual Status technician must obtain and maintain all military skill requirements in regard to training, education, certifications, and experience. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
Compatible Military Assignment:
ENLISTED: E-7 (Promotable) to E-8
Other Requirements & Conditions of Employment:
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain TOP SECRET security clearance of the position.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Must maintain local network access IAW AFMANs 33-152, User Responsibilities and Guidance for Information Systems and 33-282, Computer Security.
- Wear the uniform appropriate for the members' grade and component of the armed forces, maintaining standards of conduct and appearance.
- Must be certified IAW DOD 8570.01-M, Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002, Clinger Cohen Act of 1996 and current AF directives.
- Conducts travel to and from offsite worksite(s) from the normal work area to perform assigned duties.
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
- May occasionally be required to work other than normal duty hours; overtime may be required.
- The duties and responsibilities of your job may significantly impact the environment. You are responsible to maintain awareness of your environmental responsibilities as dictated by
legal and regulatory requirements, your organization, and its changing mission.
- THIS POSITION CONDUCTS INFORMATION ASSURANCE FUNCTIONS. THE INCUMBENT SHALL COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE CERTIFICATION PROGRAM AND WILL BE REQUIRED TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS OUTLINED IN DOD INSTRUCTION 8570.01-M
If you are using Education to qualify for this position, you must provide transcripts or other documentation to support your Educational claims. To receive credit for Education, you must provide documentation of proof that you meet the Education requirements for this position.
- If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
- No PCS funds are available.
-This is a Non-Bargaining Unit position.
- Applicants who feel they have restoration rights to this position should contact the HRO.
- Military Incentives - Bonuses and Student Loan Repayment Program: If you are selected for this position, you may lose your eligibility for your National Guard Enlistment/Reenlistment Bonus and/or Student Loan Repayment Program incentives. In order to avoid losing your incentive eligibility, you should check with your incentives manager prior to accepting an offer for the position.
- Participation in Direct Deposit is mandatory.?
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities/competencies related to the job requirements:
-- Knowledge of operational and performance characteristics of systems to develop procedures/policies/practices to ensure customer requirements are met.
-- Skill in applying applicable policies, standards, directives, and operations manuals to perform systems analysis, evaluates approaches, offer advice, define alternative approaches, and coordinate requirements regarding the merits of proposed applications.
-- Ability to maintain an up-to-date awareness of technological advances and predict how management can meet future requirements.
-- Ability to plan work to be accomplished, sets priorities, and prepares schedules for personnel. Assigns work to subordinates based on priorities, difficulty of assignment, and capabilities of employees.
-- Ability to gather facts and use effective analytical and evaluative methods to assess information, plan the sequence of actions necessary, make sound decisions, and solve a variety of complex IT device and infrastructure problems.
If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link:
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the Occupational Questionnaire which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the Occupational Questionnaire, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
DO NOT Email applications directly to the HRO unless there are extenuating circumstances, Please Call the HRO contact listed in the event of extenuating circumstances.
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
The following documents are required and must be received by the closing date of this announcement:
1. Your Resume - Your resume must show relevant educational and work experience fully supporting the required specialized experience including the dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of each employment.
2. Completed Assessment Questionnaire. (PART OF THE USA STAFFING APPLICATION PROCESS.)
3. RIP (Record on Individual Personnel) uploaded to the required "OTHER" area of the online application manager. RIP must be no more than 90 days old at the time of application.
4. Any supporting documentation (i.e. certificates, licenses, transcripts, etc.) used to support qualifications demonstrated in resume and/or required by Qualifications Required section.
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position.
Applicants CANNOT be contacted for any required documents listed above. Applicants who submit INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS will receive a rating of INELIGIBLE. Requests for reconsideration will not be considered for applicants who fail to submit a complete application package. We cannot be held responsible for incompatible software, erroneous fax transmissions, etc.
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
We have digitized and made available the exact criteria Federal hiring managers are required to use when grading their openings.