This position is located in Retail Securities Services/ Customer Assistance Service Branch. As a Technical Analyst, you will serve as a technical authority for retail securities on-line programs. You will provide advice and recommendations relating to programs using extensive knowledge of on-line procedures. You will ensure that on-line transactions are processed within established time frames.Learn more about this agency
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-11.If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
Occasional travel - 1-5 days per month
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-11. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your résumé.
You must meet the following requirements within 30 days after the closing date of this announcement.
**Note:This is a two-grade interval position and progresses in a two-grade interval pattern (e.g. GS-7 to 9 to 11).Two-grade interval positions, such as analysts, specialists, accountants, etc, differ in the nature of the work (e.g. greater independence, responsibility, judgment, depth and breadth of knowledge) from one-grade interval positions, such as clerks, assistants, technicians, etc., which progress one gAs a result, one-grade interval experience alone is not typically qualifying for promotion to a two-grade interval position, however such experience may be qualifying at equivalent or lower grade levels.
Specialized experience: For the GS-11: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal Service.Specialized experience includes analyzing program data and processes in order to provide solutions and advice that impact program management.Examples of such experience may include:
- Evaluating and analyzing securities to identify improper or fraudulent transactions;or
- Provides advice and recommendations relating to the development of new procedures, regulations, operating policies, business needs or system requirements;or
- Resolving retail securities issues that have been escalated from lower graded analysts and/or specialists.
OR You may substitute education for specialized experience as follows:Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., if related.NOTE:Only graduate education in excess of the amount required for the next lower grade level may be used to qualify.;
OR You may qualify with a combination of experience and education.
Specialized experience: For the GS-09**:You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal Service.Specialized experience includes analyzing data and information in order to identify problems and formulate recommendations.Examples of qualifying experience may include:
- Analyzing securities data and providing suggestions to improve securities programs;or
- Researching and applying securities laws and regulations to support decisions;or
- Evaluating and updating procedures to streamline processes and create efficiencies.
OR You may substitute education for specialized experience as follows:Master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D., if related.NOTE:Only graduate education in excess of the amount required for the next lower grade level may be used to qualify.;
OR You may qualify with a combination of experience and education.
Specialized experience: For the GS-07**:You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-05 grade level in the Federal Service.Specialized experience includes applying and interpreting securities laws and regulations in order to resolve problems.Examples of qualifying experience may include:
- Resolving customer issues related to on-line securities transactions;or
- Using judgement to determine which procedures are applicable to different transactions;or
- Updating procedures when changes are needed.
OR You may substitute education for specialized experience as follows:completed at least 1 full year of graduate level education
OR You may have a bachelor's degree and meet one of the following requirements for superior academic achievement:A GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale for all completed undergraduate courses or those completed in the last 2 years of study, or a GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale for all courses in the major field of study or those courses in the major completed in the last 2 years of study, or rank in the upp
OR You may qualify with a combination of experience and education.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following time-in-grade requirement, if applicable:
For the GS-11, you must have been at the GS-09 level for 52 weeks.
For the GS-09, you must have been at the GS-07 level for 52 weeks.
For the GS-07, you must have been at the GS-05 level for 52 weeks.
- We will not pay relocation expenses.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- This position is a non-critical sensitive position.
- We offer opportunities for telework after initial training completed.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation. Periodic reinvestigation is required no later than five years after selection and at least every succeeding five years.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your résumé may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Technical, Analytical, Customer Service and Communication. Your application will be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration.
If you are a displaced or surplus Treasury Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)) you must receive a score of 90 or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
The following instructions outline our application process. You must complete this application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement. We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. ET, Monday - Friday). If applying online poses a hardship, please contact us by noon ET on the announcement's closing date.
Fiscal Service provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us if you require this for any part of the application and hiring process.
To begin, either click the “Create a New Account” button and follow the prompts to register or if you previously registered, click the "Apply Online" button and follow the prompts.
You will be re-directed to Fiscal Service's CareerConnector system to complete your application process; answer the online questions, and submit all required documents. (To submit supporting documents, click one of the available options; Upload; Fax; or Reuse existing documents. To protect your privacy, we suggest you first remove your SSN). Also, go to “My Account” to view and update your information, as necessary.
To complete, you must click the “Finish” button located at the bottom of the “Application Review” page.
To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application.
To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
If you are experiencing system issues with your application, please contact the CareerConnector Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or the USAJobs Help Desk.
To check the status of your application for this position, please follow these steps:
1. Login to your USAJOBS account, select the "Applications" section and click on the vacancy you would like to view and have already applied for.
2. Under "application status," click "additional application information" and you will be taken to the CareerConnector website where you can check your application status. The "additional application information" link may not be available if your application status says "Unavailable." This indicates that your application is not complete.
If the "additional application information" link is not available and the vacancy is still open, you can click on the job announcement and "Update Application" to be taken back to the CareerConnector portion of the application.
- We will not pay relocation expenses. - We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies. - This is a bargaining unit position.- This position is a non-critical sensitive position.- We offer opportunities for telework after initial training completed.- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:- A one year probationary period may be required.- Must successfully complete a background investigation. Periodic reinvestigation is required no later than five years after selection and at least every succeeding five years.- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
A complete application includes 1. A résumé, 2. Vacancy question responses, and 3. Submission of any required documents. Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, you may not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible).
All applicants are required to submit a résumé either by creating one in USAJOBS or uploading one of their own choosing. (Cover letters are optional.) To receive full credit for relevant experience, please list the month/date/year and number of hours worked for experience listed on your résumé. We suggest that you preview the online questions, as you may need to customize your résumé to ensure that it supports your responses to these questions. Please view résumé tips.
CURRENT FEDERAL EMPLOYEES -- Documentation Relating to Your Federal Employment:
- Submit a copy of your SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, which shows your current (or most recent) grade and competitive service status. (The “position occupied” block on the SF-50 should show a “1” and your “tenure” block should show a “1” or “2”.)
- If you are currently on a Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) or Disability appointment, submit a copy of an SF-50 showing that.
- Indicate on your application the highest permanent grade you have held; if this grade is different from your current grade, submit a copy of an additional SF-50 showing this grade.
- Submit a copy of your most recent, signed, completed annual performance appraisal which includes the final rating. If it is not dated within the last 18 months or if you have not received a performance appraisal, please explain why in your application.
CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (CTAP) DOCUMENTATION: If you are a displaced or surplus Treasury Federal employee, click CTAP for eligibility and a detailed list of required documents.
EDUCATION DOCUMENTATION: For positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. An official transcript will be required if you are selected. A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to Department of Education Accreditation page. If you are qualifying based on foreign education, you must submit proof of creditability of education as evaluated by a credentialing agency. Refer to the OPM instructions.
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
We have digitized and made available the exact criteria Federal hiring managers are required to use when grading their openings.