$61,569 to $100,078
09/11/2017 to 06/26/2018
- Responsible for the day-to-day financial functions of the court. Maintains and analyzes financial records to ensure all funds deposited into or disbursed from the U.S. Treasury, as well as funds in the custody of the court, including the court's Registry fund, are in compliance with the policies set forth by the U.S. Treasury and the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts.
- Oversees the work of two direct reports. Establishes performance goals, reviews work and evaluates performance of the direct reports. Performs thorough quality control checks to ensure accuracy, and improves the efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
- Provides training and guidance for all employees of the court who have financial responsibilities and duties.
- Manages the investments for the court's Non-Appropriated Account and maintains accounting records.
- Develops procedural manuals for financial procedures.
- Develops a system of internal controls. Performs reviews to ensure compliance with the Guide to Judiciary Policy, internal controls, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Reviews drafted language for deposits and disbursements.
- Manages month-end, quarterly and year-end financial reporting.
- Reviews payment vouchers for accuracy before payments are approved for disbursement.
- Processes unavailable check cancellations and limited payability cancellations.
- Manages unclaimed funds.
- Coordinates the 1099 process.
- Manages the civil and criminal fees, penalties and restitution in the Civil Criminal Accounting Module (CCAM). Ensures accuracy of case records, deposits and disbursements in the system.
- Reconciles daily receipts accepted through Pay.gov and over the counter payments.
- Acts as the court's credit card coordinator.
- Manages the Treasury Offset Program.
- Has oversight responsibility for all travel regulations and reimbursements.
- Work is performed in an office setting.
- Some travel may be required.
Conditions of Employment
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents seeking U.S. citizenship. Noncitizens must execute an affidavit indicating their intent to apply for citizenship when they become eligible to do so. Judiciary employees serve under excepted appointments, and are considered "at-will" and may be terminated with or without cause or notice by the court. The United States District Court requires employees to adhere to a Code of Conduct Policy. This position is also subject to mandatory Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) for payroll deposit. The final candidate is subject to FBI Fingerprinting and a background investigation, including criminal history. Employment is provisional and contingent upon a successful background check.
The successful applicant must be a college graduate.
- The opportunity to serve in a rewarding public service position.
- Accrual of paid vacation and sick leave.
- Paid federal holidays.
- Extensive health, life, dental, vision, and long term care insurance plans.
- A defined benefit pension plan.
- Onsite fitness centers.
- Traditional (pre-tax) and Roth (after-tax) retirement savings and investment plans through the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) with employer matching contributions.
- Pre-tax transportation, medical, and childcare reimbursement accounts.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
All application materials received will be reviewed to identify the best qualified candidates. Only applicants selected to proceed to the next phase of the selection process will be notified. The U.S. District Court reserves the right to modify the conditions of this job announcement or to withdraw the announcement, or to fill the position sooner than the closing date, if a closing date is shown, any of which action may occur without prior written notice.
Background checks and security clearance
Agency contact information
AddressUS District Court District of Minnesota 300 South 4th Street Minneapolis MN US
PROwESS Resume Optimizer
Score, Target and Improve Your Resume For Any Federal JobThe most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Our new tool uses artificial intelligence to score your resume, and provide task statements and word suggestions which will improve your resume.
Introducing Interactive Job Vacancy Announcements
We have pulled just the important line items from the Federal vacancy and put them all in one place. No more search all over to find the key items you need to address. Including importing the Occupational Questionnaire where available. Each scored, each searchable for concepts, keywords and related tasks that you might add to your resume to improve your score.
Key Features Include:
- Pop-up competency definitions
- Highlighted Keyword matches from your resume
- Line-item scoring resume vs job
- Suggestions for improved language
A Resume Editor with Keyword Suggestions
The most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain.
A Resume Editor That Comes Alive With Suggestions
Score Your Resume Against Each Job Line Item
The most successful candidate's tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain. Keyword matches will show up as green and your resume's overall match for the each item in the job description will be graded with up to 5 stars. Each line in the job description can be clicked revealing semantically related topics, flush with keyword suggestions that you might choose to include in your resume, and thousands of example job description statements that can show you the most effective ways to state your experience.
Find Great Content and Impactful Language
PROwESS subscribers will see concept definitions, related concepts, power keywords (nouns, verbs and adjectives related to the concept), and related task statements.
PROwESS is unique and affordable. Continuous and targeted resume improvement with a few clicks. Order now for as less than $6 per month.Order Now