Financial Criminal Debt Specialist
$46,759 to $75,991
02/03/2017 to 02/02/2018
- Review judgment and commitment orders or other case documents to obtain required disbursement information pertaining to special assessments, fines and restitutions. Work with U.S. Attorney's Office and Probation Office to obtain required information for disbursement to victims. Utilize Westlaw and Lexis Nexis to research victim information.
- Maintain the Civil Criminal Accounting Module (CCAM) for all criminal debt payments for district. Maintain Prisoner Litigation Accounts and work with the Bureau of Prisons to ensure payments are properly applied.
- Maintain restitution payments through CCAM. Prepare disbursement paperwork to ensure that victims receive payment.
- Maintain the accounting records by inputting transactions, and reconciling the accounts through automated systems.
- Review receipts for correctness and import monies into the Civil Criminal Accounting.
- Module (CCAM) through Cash Register.
- Process all IPAC payments, BOP, TOP, and limited pay abilities through both CCAM and the Judiciary Interface Financial Management System (JIFMS).
- Maintain a system of accounting for returned checks; take steps to recover the funds and to make all interested parties aware.
- Utilize manual and automated accounting systems. Assist and train others in the use of these systems and tools.
- Provide customer service to defendants, victims and other court staff, including judges' chambers, the U.S. Probation and Pretrial Services Office, and the U.S. Attorney's Office.
- Maintain, reconcile and review accounting records, consisting of a cash receipts journal, registry fund, and deposit fund, as well as subsidiary ledgers and other fiscal records. Perform accounts payable and accounts receivable duties. Maintain and review the accuracy and accountability of monies received and disbursed by the court. Prepare, update, and examine the analysis of a variety of regular and non-standard reports as requested by court units, Administrative Office, U.S. Treasury, financial institutions, or other organizations or agencies.
- Adhere to appropriate internal controls for disbursement, transfer, recording, and reporting of monies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- FBI Fingerprints and background investigation, including criminal history.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident seeking U.S. citizenship.
Qualifications include at least two years of general experience. One year of specialized experience. Attention to detail, ability to take directions from others, excellent organizational skills, computer experience and excellent customer service skills. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. General knowledge of GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles). Skill and accuracy in working with numerical calculations. Preferred Qualifications three years of general experience. Two or more years of specialized experience. Ability to recognize and troubleshoot errors and probable causes. Knowledge of financial administration. Bachelor's degree preferred. Ability to communicate technical information effectively (orally and in writing) to end users in a manner they can understand. Ability to interact effectively and appropriately with others, providing customer service and resolving difficulties while complying with regulations, rules and procedures. Ability to provide and exchange accurate and timely information with individuals within and outside the court. Skill in the use of automated equipment including Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point, cash register, spreadsheet and database applications, as well as financial and accounting systems. The ability to maintain confidentiality is essential.
Preferred completion of a bachelor's degree.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or a permanent resident seeking U.S. citizenship. Noncitizen applicants must execute an affidavit indicating their intent to apply for citizenship when they become eligible to do so. A background check is required. Use of Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) for payroll deposit is required. All final candidates are subject to FBI Fingerprints and background investigation, including criminal history. The United States District Court requires employees to adhere to a Code of Ethics and Conduct Policy.
How to Apply
All documents should be combined and emailed as one PDF attachment. Open until filled. Preference will be given to resumes received by Friday, February 17, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
How You Will Be Evaluated
All application materials received will be reviewed to identify the best qualified candidates. Only applicants selected to proceed to the next phase of the selection process will be notified. The U.S. District Court reserves the right to modify the conditions of this job announcement or to withdraw the announcement, either of which may occur without prior written notice. If a subsequent vacancy of the same position becomes available within a reasonable time from the original announcement, the Clerk of Court may select a candidate from the qualified applicants.
Employees of the U.S. District Court are not classified under Civil Service, but are entitled to similar benefits. These benefits include paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement benefits, and a tax-deferred savings plan (similar to a 401K plan) with employers matching contributions.
Resume with cover letter.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
AddressUS District Court District of Minnesota 300 South 4th Street Minneapolis MN US
PROwESS Resume Optimizer
Score, Target and Improve Your Resume For Any Federal JobThe most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Our new tool uses artificial intelligence to score your resume, and provide task statements and word suggestions which will improve your resume.
Introducing Interactive Job Vacancy Announcements
We have pulled just the important line items from the Federal vacancy and put them all in one place. No more search all over to find the key items you need to address. Including importing the Occupational Questionnaire where available. Each scored, each searchable for concepts, keywords and related tasks that you might add to your resume to improve your score.
Key Features Include:
- Pop-up competency definitions
- Highlighted Keyword matches from your resume
- Line-item scoring resume vs job
- Suggestions for improved language
A Resume Editor with Keyword Suggestions
The most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain.
A Resume Editor That Comes Alive With Suggestions
Score Your Resume Against Each Job Line Item
The most successful candidate's tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain. Keyword matches will show up as green and your resume's overall match for the each item in the job description will be graded with up to 5 stars. Each line in the job description can be clicked revealing semantically related topics, flush with keyword suggestions that you might choose to include in your resume, and thousands of example job description statements that can show you the most effective ways to state your experience.
Find Great Content and Impactful Language
PROwESS subscribers will see concept definitions, related concepts, power keywords (nouns, verbs and adjectives related to the concept), and related task statements.
PROwESS is unique and affordable. Continuous and targeted resume improvement with a few clicks. Order now for as less than $6 per month.Order Now