Foreign Language Teacher (Spanish)
U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command
Department of the Army
$35,359 to $94,185
03/20/2017 to 03/16/2018
DLIFLC offers and intensive student-centered environment with diverse opportunities for faculty development. Faculty members teach listing, reading writing, and speaking skills, as well as geopolitical, economic and social issues, in an immersion based environment. Teachers integrate technology in classroom and in homework assignments. Faculty members employ resources such as Smart Boards, the Internet, iPads, and MacBook Pro. Available software i.e., SAKAI, RapidRote , and SharePoint are used by teachers to develop learning materials. Teachers employ computer skills to organize data and teaching materials. Faculty members are expected to stay abreast of current foreign language teaching theories and methods.
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluently in Spanish
- Able to speak, read, and write in English
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
POSITIONS WILL BE FILLED AT THE INSTRUCTOR RANK:
Instructor (indicated as level 02)Senior Instructor (indicated as level 03)Assistant Professor (indicated as level 04)
INSTRUCTOR: Bachelor's degree.
SENIOR INSTRUCTOR: Master's degree OR Bachelor's Degree and one year of directly related work.
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR: Doctoral degree; OR Master's degree with a major or minor in Foreign Language Education, Teaching English As a Second/Foreign Language (TESOL/TEFL), Linguistics, Language (English included), Literature, Education, Educational Psychology, Educational Technology, Translation & Interpretation, Cross-Cultural Studies, or Educational Administration; OR Master's degree other than above and one year of directly related work; OR
Bachelor's degree and two years of directly related work.
DIRECTLY RELATED WORK:
Formal classroom instruction of a language foreign to the students at high school level or above. Formal classroom instruction normally includes such activities as class preparation, course preparation/modification, testing, tutoring, and counseling in a structured, education environment.
If selected, applicant must pass a language proficiency test.
LANGUAGE EVALUATION: The minimum English proficiency is a Level 2 in speaking. The minimum proficiency for the language to be taught is a Level 3 in speaking. If a dialect is required, the minimum proficiency is also Level 3. The proficiency levels are defined by the Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) level descriptions and can be viewed at http://www.govtilr.org. Failure of any portion of the language tests will disqualify applicants for a period of 6 months. Applicants may re-apply after 6 months. Upon subsequent selection, retesting is allowed only once.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For
these positions, education may be substituted in lieu of specialized experience as stated above.
Education requirements as stated above must be obtained from an accredited U.S. college or university. Accredited U.S. schools are those recognized by the Department of Education. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and the U.S. Department of Education websites at:
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include this information with your application package.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. valid work authorization (Permanent Residency card, Optional Practicum Training (OPT), and H1B.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Position may be converted to permanent without further notice.
- Personnel security investigation required.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 22 December 2017 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
- Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
- To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
- It is your responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. Faxed documents must be completely transmitted by 11:59p.m. Eastern Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Your requests for reasonable accommodation will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes local market supplement
- Career Program (CP-32)
The documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format.
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application will be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: You MUST submit a copy of your transcript if you wish to substitute your education for experience. If you claim qualifications based on education and do not submit a transcript, your education will not be used in making a qualifications determination and you may be found "not qualified. See: Transcripts and Licenses.
If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents follow the directions located at: Faxing Applications and Documents. The Vacancy ID is 1917602. You will need the questionnaire, View Occupational Questionnaire, to complete your faxed application
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Department of the Army
U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command
ContactCentral Resume Processing Center Phone: (000)000-0000
AddressDA WER Presidio of Monterey Please contact by email Aberdeen Proving Ground MD
PROwESS Resume Optimizer
Score, Target and Improve Your Resume For Any Federal JobThe most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Our new tool uses artificial intelligence to score your resume, and provide task statements and word suggestions which will improve your resume.
Introducing Interactive Job Vacancy Announcements
We have pulled just the important line items from the Federal vacancy and put them all in one place. No more search all over to find the key items you need to address. Including importing the Occupational Questionnaire where available. Each scored, each searchable for concepts, keywords and related tasks that you might add to your resume to improve your score.
Key Features Include:
- Pop-up competency definitions
- Highlighted Keyword matches from your resume
- Line-item scoring resume vs job
- Suggestions for improved language
A Resume Editor with Keyword Suggestions
The most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain.
A Resume Editor That Comes Alive With Suggestions
Score Your Resume Against Each Job Line Item
The most successful candidate's tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain. Keyword matches will show up as green and your resume's overall match for the each item in the job description will be graded with up to 5 stars. Each line in the job description can be clicked revealing semantically related topics, flush with keyword suggestions that you might choose to include in your resume, and thousands of example job description statements that can show you the most effective ways to state your experience.
Find Great Content and Impactful Language
PROwESS subscribers will see concept definitions, related concepts, power keywords (nouns, verbs and adjectives related to the concept), and related task statements.
PROwESS is unique and affordable. Continuous and targeted resume improvement with a few clicks. Order now for as less than $6 per month.Order Now