Human Resources Assistant (Military/Oa)
Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
Department of the Air Force
$44,952 to $58,442
11/04/2017 to 01/31/2018
The primary purpose of this position is: To serve as a team lead and establish deadlines on projects and work to be accomplished, and independently carry out day-to-day functions, to include precedent setting cases, highly controversial actions, unique situations and establish new procedures for new programs. Incumbent resolves all technical problems, which arise on the most difficult and unusual problems. Work is reviewed in terms of effectiveness of operations.
- Provides technical support and assistance in processing military personnel actions. Senior Technician in a Section of military personnel clerks who process military personnel actions for enlisted and/or officers.
- Interviews personnel, and obtains additional information from previously completed files and records to make initial determination of eligibility of the individual for the requested action based upon technical knowledge and applicable regulations. Completes personnel actions in final form. Tracks and ensures completion of all military personnel management actions.
- Performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties in support of the office. Prepares and assembles written correspondence.
- As the Senior Technician of the Section: plans work to be accomplished; interprets policies and procedures, and establishes priorities. Provides advice, counseling and guidance to co-workers.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov.
- A secret clearance is required
- Position has a 40 WOM typing requirement
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- During duty hours, the incumbent may be required to conduct Deployment Cycle Support and/or to man emergency operation centers in the event of emergency deployment exercises or other exercises or emergencies which require Military Personnel section employees to be present for duty.
- After duty hours, the incumbent is subject to recall for the same purpose.
- The incumbent is subject to performing shift work.
- A secret clearance must be obtained and maintained.
- Incumbent has authentication authority for DD 214 and DD 215 forms per AF635-8
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS:Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-06 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
How to Apply
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 01/31/2018
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10075331
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Application button at the end of the process.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. The Vacancy ID is 10075331
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
Agency contact information
Total Force Service Center
8517 20th Street
Elmendorf AFB, AK
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants):Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
90-Day Register:This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Direct Deposit:All federal employees are required to have direct deposit. If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. Other documents may be required based on the eligibility/eligibilities you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents you must submit to substantiate the eligibilities you are claiming.
Agency contact information
Total Force Service Center
AddressElmendorf AFB 8517 20th Street Ste 203 Elmendorf AFB AK US
PROwESS Resume Optimizer
Score, Target and Improve Your Resume For Any Federal JobThe most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Our new tool uses artificial intelligence to score your resume, and provide task statements and word suggestions which will improve your resume.
Introducing Interactive Job Vacancy Announcements
We have pulled just the important line items from the Federal vacancy and put them all in one place. No more search all over to find the key items you need to address. Including importing the Occupational Questionnaire where available. Each scored, each searchable for concepts, keywords and related tasks that you might add to your resume to improve your score.
Key Features Include:
- Pop-up competency definitions
- Highlighted Keyword matches from your resume
- Line-item scoring resume vs job
- Suggestions for improved language
A Resume Editor with Keyword Suggestions
The most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain.
A Resume Editor That Comes Alive With Suggestions
Score Your Resume Against Each Job Line Item
The most successful candidate's tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain. Keyword matches will show up as green and your resume's overall match for the each item in the job description will be graded with up to 5 stars. Each line in the job description can be clicked revealing semantically related topics, flush with keyword suggestions that you might choose to include in your resume, and thousands of example job description statements that can show you the most effective ways to state your experience.
Find Great Content and Impactful Language
PROwESS subscribers will see concept definitions, related concepts, power keywords (nouns, verbs and adjectives related to the concept), and related task statements.
PROwESS is unique and affordable. Continuous and targeted resume improvement with a few clicks. Order now for as less than $6 per month.Order Now