Lead Contact Representative *12 Month Roster* *temporary Nte 5 Years*
Department of the Treasury
$53,912 to $70,089
08/20/2017 to 06/21/2018
As a Lead Customer Service Representative you will:
- Perform work that is of the same kind and level as the employees being led.
- Distribute, balance, monitor and report on workload in accordance with established workflow or job specialization. Assure equitable distribution among employees and timely accomplishment of assigned workloads.
- Amend or reject work not meeting established standards and refers to supervisor any problems on meeting performance standards.
- Maintain current knowledge of procedures, policies and directives, answers questions, and provides both classroom and OJT instruction to employees.
- Resolve simple informal complaints; refer others to supervisor, report on performance, progress and training needs of employees and on disciplinary problems.
- Perform administrative duties in the absence of the manager. Make suggestions concerning personnel actions and recognition of outstanding performance.
- Please refer to "Conditions of Employment."
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
GS-09 LEVEL:You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-08 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: experience applying the methods, precedents, and guidelines related to individual and/or business accounts and the specialization of the assigned workload to advise taxpayers of their rights and appeals procedures; Experience working, researching accounts and dealing with all individuals including third party representatives, often in sensitive situations, including those where individuals are evasive, irate, and unwilling to accept the Service's or Employers position as to the determination of their account. Servicing internal and external customers by identifying organizational functions, terminology, quality assurance techniques, and reporting requirements in order to coordinate workflow and resolve related problems; Experience assessing the performance capabilities of employees in order to assign work appropriately experience with organizational office operation, processing and procedures and administrative policies, to support the supervisor or to use when acting as supervisor; Experience utilizing inventory management procedures to control casework and conduct research.-The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or VolunteerService. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.-To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following, if applicable:You must have been at the GS-08 level for 52 weeks (time-in-grade requirement).
Public Trust - Background Investigation
How to Apply
You must complete this application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement. We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. ET, Monday - Friday). If applying online poses a hardship, please contact us by noon ET on the announcement's closing date. Treasury believes in a working environment that supports inclusion; please view our reasonable accommodation policies and procedures at
http://jobs.irs.gov/seasonal/reasonable-accommodation.htmlWe will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. Please contact Lisa Smith at Lisa.A.Smith@irs.gov if you require this for any part of the application and hiring process.
- To begin, either click the "Create a New Account" button and follow the prompts to register or if you previously registered, click the "Apply Online" button and follow the prompts.
- You will be re-directed to Treasury's CareerConnector system to complete your application process; answer the online questions, and submit all required documents. (To submit supporting documents, click one of the available options; Upload; Fax; or Reuse existing documents. To protect your privacy, we suggest you first remove your SSN). Also, go to "My Account" to view and update your information, as necessary.
- To complete, you must click the "Submit Application" button located at the bottom of the "Application Review" page.
- To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received.
- To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating:Your application will be evaluated on the CJEs of the position to be filled per the National Agreement Article 13. Your application will also be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. IRS employees may obtain most recent awards listing at https://persinfo.web.irs.gov/Your rating may be lowered, if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Referral:If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration.You may be required to participate in a selection interview (telephonic and/or in person at the discretion of the Selecting Official in accordance with hiring polices). We will no reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.If you are a displaced or surplus Treasury employee eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP), you must receive a score of 80 or better to be rated as well qualified to receive special selection priority. To preview questions please click here.
Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
AddressINTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE 1973 N Rulon White Blvd MS 1540 Ogden Utah United States
PROwESS Resume Optimizer
Score, Target and Improve Your Resume For Any Federal JobThe most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Our new tool uses artificial intelligence to score your resume, and provide task statements and word suggestions which will improve your resume.
Introducing Interactive Job Vacancy Announcements
We have pulled just the important line items from the Federal vacancy and put them all in one place. No more search all over to find the key items you need to address. Including importing the Occupational Questionnaire where available. Each scored, each searchable for concepts, keywords and related tasks that you might add to your resume to improve your score.
Key Features Include:
- Pop-up competency definitions
- Highlighted Keyword matches from your resume
- Line-item scoring resume vs job
- Suggestions for improved language
A Resume Editor with Keyword Suggestions
The most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain.
A Resume Editor That Comes Alive With Suggestions
Score Your Resume Against Each Job Line Item
The most successful candidate's tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain. Keyword matches will show up as green and your resume's overall match for the each item in the job description will be graded with up to 5 stars. Each line in the job description can be clicked revealing semantically related topics, flush with keyword suggestions that you might choose to include in your resume, and thousands of example job description statements that can show you the most effective ways to state your experience.
Find Great Content and Impactful Language
PROwESS subscribers will see concept definitions, related concepts, power keywords (nouns, verbs and adjectives related to the concept), and related task statements.
PROwESS is unique and affordable. Continuous and targeted resume improvement with a few clicks. Order now for as less than $6 per month.Order Now