Indian Health Service
Department Of Health And Human Services
$69,769 to $111,874
01/27/2017 to 01/26/2018
Routine duties shall include providing medical care to individuals eligible for service provided by the Indian Health Service.Provide complete and comprehensive medical care in a Hospital/Clinic/Emergency Room/Psychiatric care setting.Ordering labs, x-rays, pharmaceutical medication as indicated based on medical condition/diagnosis.Carry out all privileges per credentialing requirements and/or guidelines and Medical Staff By-Laws.Utilizing the Electronic Health Record during course of carrying out medical care, duties and responsibilities.Assesses plans and provides comprehensive and therapeutic medical care to individual geriatric, adult, adolescent, pediatric, and infant patients and their families.Performs other position related duties as assigned.
- Must pass pre-employment examination
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment fingerprint check
- Selectee will be subject to a background investigation
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- U.S. Citizenship is required
To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you MUST submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume.
EDUCATION:Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
LICENSURE:All applicants must have active current registration as a professional Nurse Practitioner in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. Copy of your license must be provided.
CERTIFICATION:Certification by the appropriate certifying body (such as the American Nursing Association) as a Nurse Practitioner. A copy of the certification must be provided with your application.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector performing the following types of tasks:
GS-11:One (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-09 grade level; or completion of all requirements for a doctoral degree (PH.D. or equivalent) or three (3) full years of progressively higher level graduate education.
GS-12:One (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 grade level.
GS-13:One (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level.
EVALUATION OF EDUCATION:Graduate-level education must have been in nursing with a concentration in a field of nursing (e.g., teaching, a clinical specialty, research, administration, etc.) or in a closely related non-nursing field directly applicable to the
requirements of the position to be filled.EVALUATION OF EXPERIENCE:Experience must have equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. At GS-09 and above, many positions require experience in a specialty area of nursing.
EXAMPLES OF SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:Serving as a Nurse Practitioner providing direct and comprehensive primary, preventive and therapeutic medical and nurisng care for all patient age groups as well as assisting other health professionals develop treatment protocols and standard policies and procedures. Work experience advance nursing care skill set. This may include assessing the health status of an individual, managing the care of selected patients, and providing various medical treatments, health teaching , counseling to individual and families throughout all age groups for the particular specialty you are applying for. Specialized experience is professional knowledge of nursing process including, principles, practices and procedures of nursing care required to assess and care for nursing needs of medical, surgical, pediatric and geriatric patients and other types of patients as assigned. Knowledge of principles and methods of continuous quality improvement and ability to apply. Knowledge of, and ability to incorporate, cultural impact on health care provision. Ensures compliance according to CMS and JCAHO. Promotes an awareness and understanding of positive and moral principles consistent with the mission, commitment and core values of the organization and those required by federal, state, law and accrediting agencies. Guide and counsel staff on immedicate problems.
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 pm (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Friday, January 26, 2018
Public Trust - Background Investigation
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package. See required documents below.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following vacancy number 1903872. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
You are highly encouraged to submit your application package and complete your assessment questionnaire on-line. If you cannot apply online:
PLEASE NOTE: When completing the 1203-FX, be sure to select only one response for each question. Selecting more than one response for a question may result in your application package being rated ineligible. In Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire, you may notice that the numbering restarts with number one. When entering your responses on the 1203-FX form please continue to enter your responses on the next available number within this section. The numbers on the 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire once it restarts with number one.
Submission of a resume' or a 1203FX form alone IS NOT a complete application. This position requires the completion of additional forms and/or supplemental materials as described under Required Documents section.
The IHS provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Human Resources Office Mr. Troy Bad Moccasin, Human Resources Staffing Officer, PHONE: (605) 226-7212, E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org . "The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis."
For additional questions please see our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) found here: http://www.ihs.gov/jobs/index.cfm?module=search&option=faq
How You Will Be Evaluated
Traditional rating and ranking of applications does not apply to this vacancy. Your application (resume and supporting documentation) will be evaluated to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications required as listed on the announcement under qualification requirements. Qualified candidates will be referred for consideration in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management direct hire guidelines.
Additional selection(s) of candidates may be possible within 90 days from the date the certificate of eligibles was issued for this announcement.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a fingerprint check. Fingerprint results must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957.
Drug testing is not required.
This position is covered by a Bargaining Unit.
Selectee(s) are required to have a viable bank account at a financial institution for electronic direct deposit of salary payment.
A two-year trial period or a one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Required Documentation for Eligibility and Preference:
- Resume: You are highly encouraged to use USAJOBS Resume Builder to ensure all required information is included in your Resume. If you use your own resume, curriculum vitae, or any other written form you choose then you must describe your job-related qualifications that includes beginning and ending dates for paid and non-paid work experience (month and year), hours worked per week, annual salary, and description of job duties. Include name and address of employer; supervisor name and telephone number.
- Indian Preference Applicants: Indian preference will not be given unless a properly signed and dated Form BIA-4432 (Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the BIA and IHS Only) is submitted with your application, including any verification by an authorized Tribal Representative or BIA Official of tribal enrollment records, this may include the completion of the family history chart if necessary. If you are obtaining a new form you must provide a completed copy of the Form BIA-4432 with expiration date 1/31/2018. For detailed instructions on how to obtain a completed form, see Form BIA-4432. You must also complete the family history chart if necessary. Refer to BIA-4432 link: http://www.bia.gov/cs/groups/xois/documents/document/idc1-029504.pdf
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) or other Veterans preference (VRA and 30% or more disabled): include a copy of your DD-214, if you're claiming Vet preference. For more information please see link at: http://opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/veterans-services/vet-guide/
- Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): If you are claiming CTAP/ICTAP, follow the instructions below: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/ctap_guideline.pdf
- Please submit a photo copy of current unrestricted Professional Nurse Practitioner License.
The first Cut-off date for receipt/referral of applications to be considered for available vacant positions will be xx/xx/xx. Other Cut-off dates will be established based on the date requests for List of Eligibles are received to fill other vacancies. 10 pt. Veterans Preference applicants who submit a complete application after a Cut-off date but before the List of Eligibles is issued, will be considered and referred on the list, if qualified.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Department Of Health And Human Services
Indian Health Service
PHS Indian Health Hospital in Belcourt, North Dakota
AddressIndian Health Service HR Center APPLY ONLINE OR BY FAX ONLY SEE INSTRUCTIONS UNDER THE HOW TO APPLY TAB MD
PROwESS Resume Optimizer
Score, Target and Improve Your Resume For Any Federal JobThe most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Our new tool uses artificial intelligence to score your resume, and provide task statements and word suggestions which will improve your resume.
Introducing Interactive Job Vacancy Announcements
We have pulled just the important line items from the Federal vacancy and put them all in one place. No more search all over to find the key items you need to address. Including importing the Occupational Questionnaire where available. Each scored, each searchable for concepts, keywords and related tasks that you might add to your resume to improve your score.
Key Features Include:
- Pop-up competency definitions
- Highlighted Keyword matches from your resume
- Line-item scoring resume vs job
- Suggestions for improved language
A Resume Editor with Keyword Suggestions
The most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain.
A Resume Editor That Comes Alive With Suggestions
Score Your Resume Against Each Job Line Item
The most successful candidate's tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain. Keyword matches will show up as green and your resume's overall match for the each item in the job description will be graded with up to 5 stars. Each line in the job description can be clicked revealing semantically related topics, flush with keyword suggestions that you might choose to include in your resume, and thousands of example job description statements that can show you the most effective ways to state your experience.
Find Great Content and Impactful Language
PROwESS subscribers will see concept definitions, related concepts, power keywords (nouns, verbs and adjectives related to the concept), and related task statements.
PROwESS is unique and affordable. Continuous and targeted resume improvement with a few clicks. Order now for as less than $6 per month.Order Now