Primary Care Physician
Veterans Health Administration
Department of Veterans Affairs
$100,957 to $262,000
05/29/2017 to 05/09/2018
The Physician works as a member of a multi-disciplinary health care team, collaborating with other members of the team to provide Primary Care to Veterans enrolled on the team. The physician is expected to demonstrate advanced competencies and skills in assessing the physical and psychosocial status of patients and family members, play an active role in the multi-disciplinary health care team, promote preventive health measures, manage the acute and chronic conditions of his/her assigned panel of patients and those patients assigned to other team members when circumstances require. The Primary Care Physician is accountable to the Outpatient Clinic Chief Medical Officer, ACOS/Ambulatory Care, or designee.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Primary Care of a panel of primary care patients (male and female)
· Provide comprehensive assessment, diagnostic work-up and clinic intervention, including comprehensive patient assessment, health history, physical examination, and patient education to Veterans in the Primary Care team setting; outpatients include both scheduled and unscheduled Veterans;
· Function as an integral part of a Primary Care multi-disciplinary team.
· Discriminate between normal and abnormal findings to establish a diagnosis and initiate appropriate response to emergency health problems;
· Initiate appropriate referrals and consultations to other clinical services;
· Order and evaluate diagnostic tests as appropriate, recommend treatment and/or referral;
· Validate the effectiveness of previously implemented medical treatment;
· Initiate, evaluate, and change orders for medications;
· Include patient and family in planning care and establishing realistic measurable goals for health maintenance/improvement.
· Record/document health appraisal information, clinical assessments, treatment decisions, plan of care, ongoing management and therapeutic outcomes, order medications, diagnostic tests and referral consultations where needed for every patient encounter; recording will be accomplished using the electronic comprehensive patient record system (CPRS), and will be completed on the day of the encounter;
· Respond to computerized ?alerts? indicating diagnostic test abnormalities and to health line requests from Veterans/family members on the day of receipt (weekends excepted);
· Follow Performance Measure guidelines, including completion of clinical reminders in CPRS; access and timeliness standards; prescription order entry, National VA formulary requirements, and customer service standards;
· Work effectively with patients, families, members of the multi-disciplinary team, and other CAVHCS staff
· Demonstrates flexibility in responding to clinic demands, adhere to personal and professional obligations and responsibilities, practice and maintain ethical standards, and sustain a work environment that is harmonious and customer service oriented.
· Providers will act as surrogates for the patients of their colleagues when their colleagues are on leave/travel.Work Schedule:Monday thru Friday, 8:00a.m. - 4:30p.m. May be required to work weekends, holiday, and on-call as needed. Functional Statement Title/#: 000000
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Designated and/or Random Drug Testing required.
- Background and/or Security Investigation required.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- U.S. Citizenship (Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with chapter 3, section A, paragraph 3g, this part.)
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completed a first-year residency, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for the year in which it was completed.
Preferred Experience: Board Certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine is preferred.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Permanent Change of Station Expenses are authorized for this position. The Department of Veteran Affairs offers Permanent Change of Station (PCS) relocation services. Permanent Change of Station authorization includes the relocation of a household and travel expenses to new location due to government convenience in connection with a transfer between duty stations or facilities. PCS expenses for non-VA employees are limited. For more information go to http://vaww.fscdirect.fsc.va.gov/pcs.asp
:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
Physical Requirements: Moderate lifting, pulling, and carrying. Must be able to walk, stand, and bend for 2-4 hours per day. Must be able to distinguish between basic colors. Hearing (aid permitted). Good interpersonal skills, working closely with others. Use of fingers for 6-7 hours per day.
How to Apply
All applicants are encouraged to apply online but may apply via fax (instructions are below). You may also express your interest, obtain additional information about the position from local VA Recruiter Mr. Sam Wright, National Health Care Recruiter, (334)272-4670 Ext 4305. Samuel.firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position, you must complete the View Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Wednesday, May 09, 2018 to received consideration.
1. To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
2. Click Submit My Answers to submit your application package.
NOTE: It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process. To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Your application, résumé, C.V., and/or supporting documentation will be reviewed. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment.
In describing your experience, please be clear and specific. We may not make assumptions regarding your experience.
NOTE: Applicant's education and experience will be reviewed by a Professional Standards Board and Compensation Panel in determining the grade and salary of the applicant selected. The recommended salary may be at any point in the range listed for this vacancy.
Department of Veterans Affairs
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Central Alabama Veteran Health Care System
AddressVHA Central Alabama HCS Tuskegee 215 Perry Hill Road Montgomery AL
PROwESS Resume Optimizer
Score, Target and Improve Your Resume For Any Federal JobThe most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Our new tool uses artificial intelligence to score your resume, and provide task statements and word suggestions which will improve your resume.
Introducing Interactive Job Vacancy Announcements
We have pulled just the important line items from the Federal vacancy and put them all in one place. No more search all over to find the key items you need to address. Including importing the Occupational Questionnaire where available. Each scored, each searchable for concepts, keywords and related tasks that you might add to your resume to improve your score.
Key Features Include:
- Pop-up competency definitions
- Highlighted Keyword matches from your resume
- Line-item scoring resume vs job
- Suggestions for improved language
A Resume Editor with Keyword Suggestions
The most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain.
A Resume Editor That Comes Alive With Suggestions
Score Your Resume Against Each Job Line Item
The most successful candidate's tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain. Keyword matches will show up as green and your resume's overall match for the each item in the job description will be graded with up to 5 stars. Each line in the job description can be clicked revealing semantically related topics, flush with keyword suggestions that you might choose to include in your resume, and thousands of example job description statements that can show you the most effective ways to state your experience.
Find Great Content and Impactful Language
PROwESS subscribers will see concept definitions, related concepts, power keywords (nouns, verbs and adjectives related to the concept), and related task statements.
PROwESS is unique and affordable. Continuous and targeted resume improvement with a few clicks. Order now for as less than $6 per month.Order Now