Procurement Services Technician
$38,425 to $62,503
05/29/2017 to 05/11/2018
- Serve as Level 1 and 2 Contracting Officer to procure office supplies under the guidance of the Procurement Specialists.Research and seek lowest cost options available. Adhere to the Guide to Judiciary Policy and the Court's internal control procedures on procurement practices.
- Coordinate the supply rooms in Minneapolis and Saint Paul courthouses. Deliver paper and supplies. Make lists of supplies to be ordered.
- Receive purchased supplies and check deliveries and invoices against purchase orders for type, quantity, and condition. Enter and update information on purchase orders and inventory into automated databases.
- Print security reports for review.Perform the annual security review and report discrepancies to the Financial Administrator and the Administrative Services Manager.
- Assist with tracking inventory by tagging furniture and other office materials.Assist the Information Services Department with keeping its inventory of accountable property up to date.Conduct physical sighting of accountable and nonexpendable property.
- Work with the Space and Facilities Specialist to coordinate moving furniture and equipment.Report maintenance and repair problems to the General Services Administration.
- Escort vendors when working in the courthouses, for example; movers, delivery staff, and document shredding crew.
- Oversee copier maintenance issues, including coordinating for repairs.
- Assist in identifying and disposing of excess property.
- Assist Procurement Specialists, Financial Administrator, and the Administrative Services Manager with follow-up to vendors and customers, such as clarifying or expediting orders. Obtain quotes from vendors for supplies, furniture, and services.
- Perform related office duties for the Administrative Services Department, such as, filing financial documents, mailing correspondence, prepping treatment services invoices, and making copies. Maintain Non-Appropriated Account's vouchers and supporting documents, and assist with annual audit preparation.
- Perform quarterly library audit.
- Provide support to other departments and administrative staff as required, such as, assisting with naturalization ceremonies, scanning documents, and providing general administrative support.
- Work is performed in an office setting.
- Ability to regularly lift boxes of 40 pounds or more, and move furniture and equipment.
- Ability to travel on a routine basis between the Minneapolis and Saint Paul courthouses will be required.
A candidate must have a minimum of one year of progressively responsible clerical, administrative, or customer service experience that indicates the possession of, or the ability to acquire, the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position. High school graduation or equivalent required. Education and experience that demonstrates attention to detail, ability to take directions from others, excellent organization skills, computer experience and customer service skills required. Ability to communicate effectively (orally and in writing) with others is essential. Two or more years of progressively responsible specialized experience preferred including the knowledge of relevant procurement and property management procedures and the use of inventory guidelines and automated systems for tracking inventory. Additional education beyond high school graduation or equivalent preferred.
High school graduation or equivalent required. Education above the high school level may be substituted for required general experience on the basis of one academic year (30 semester or 45 quarter hours) equals one year of general experience.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent resident seeking U.S. citizenship. Noncitizens must execute an affidavit indicating their intent to apply for citizenship when they become eligible to do so. Judiciary employees serve under excepted appointments, and are considered "at-will" and may be terminated with or without cause or notice by the Court. The United States District Court requires employees to adhere to a Code of Conduct Policy. This position is also subject to mandatory Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) for payroll deposit. The successful candidate for this position is subject to an FBI fingerprint check and background investigation, including criminal history. Employment will be provisional and contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the required background investigation.
How to Apply
All documents should be combined and emailed as one PDF attachment to:email@example.com Please enter "Procurement Services Technician" in the email subject line.
How You Will Be Evaluated
All application materials received will be reviewed to identify the best qualified candidates. Only applicants selected to proceed to the next phase of the selection process will be notified. The U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota reserves the right to modify the conditions of this job announcement or to withdraw the announcement, or to fill the position sooner than the closing date, if a closing date is shown, any of which action may occur without prior written notice.
District of Minnesota
AddressUS District Court District of Minnesota 300 South 4th Street Minneapolis MN US
PROwESS Resume Optimizer
Score, Target and Improve Your Resume For Any Federal JobThe most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Our new tool uses artificial intelligence to score your resume, and provide task statements and word suggestions which will improve your resume.
Introducing Interactive Job Vacancy Announcements
We have pulled just the important line items from the Federal vacancy and put them all in one place. No more search all over to find the key items you need to address. Including importing the Occupational Questionnaire where available. Each scored, each searchable for concepts, keywords and related tasks that you might add to your resume to improve your score.
Key Features Include:
- Pop-up competency definitions
- Highlighted Keyword matches from your resume
- Line-item scoring resume vs job
- Suggestions for improved language
A Resume Editor with Keyword Suggestions
The most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain.
A Resume Editor That Comes Alive With Suggestions
Score Your Resume Against Each Job Line Item
The most successful candidate's tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain. Keyword matches will show up as green and your resume's overall match for the each item in the job description will be graded with up to 5 stars. Each line in the job description can be clicked revealing semantically related topics, flush with keyword suggestions that you might choose to include in your resume, and thousands of example job description statements that can show you the most effective ways to state your experience.
Find Great Content and Impactful Language
PROwESS subscribers will see concept definitions, related concepts, power keywords (nouns, verbs and adjectives related to the concept), and related task statements.
PROwESS is unique and affordable. Continuous and targeted resume improvement with a few clicks. Order now for as less than $6 per month.Order Now