$45,033 to $80,399
04/03/2017 to 05/02/2018
- Procure supplies, equipment, services, and furnishings from government and non-government sources through new contracts, competitive bids, or existing government contracts.
- Assess requests for goods and services by ensuring that they are allowable under Judiciary guidelines and determine availability of funds. Review accounting records of each functional allotment and reconcile accounts. Prepare spreadsheets and maintain databases to track certain expenditures.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on a variety of established criteria. Maintain lists of vendors and sources of supply for goods and services. Review and verify invoices.
- Prepare specifications, solicitations, and requests for qualifications/proposals; research products and equipment; prepare product/equipment specifications. Obtain and review competitive bids, quotes, and proposals from vendors and contractors; discuss evaluations and review with requesters and subject matter experts.
- Negotiate with vendors for the best price over contracted services and purchases. Coordinate with selected vendors on supply and delivery of purchased items. Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contracted obligations; assist with clarifying contract requirements and resolving any conflicts. Recommend cyclical replacement of accountable property.
- Develop and justify annual budget needs for recurring services and other procurement contracts.
- Assist in writing and/or revising operating procedures for procurement management.
- Other duties as assigned or directed.
- High school graduate or equivalent. A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field is preferred.
- CL-26 - a minimum of one year of specialized experience equivalent to work at CL-25. CL-27 - a minimum of two years of specialized experience, including at least one year equivalent to work at CL-26. Specialized experience includes progressively responsible experience that provided knowledge of the rules, regulations, procedures and practices of procurement administration and involved the routine use of automated procurement systems and applications.
- Ability to obtain Contracting Officer Contracting Program certification level 1 and 3, if not already certified.
- Ability to learn the federal judiciary financial systems along with skill and accuracy in mathematical calculations and data entry.
- Skill in negotiating terms and conditions of services and contracts with vendors and in preparing and maintaining purchase orders and other similar documents, as well as maintaining detailed records.
- Ability to conduct in-depth research, analyze options, and manage complex procurement and financial issues. Ability to evaluate and to tactfully advise as to whether or not proposed purchases will meet needs.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Thorough working knowledge of MS Office products including Word, Excel, and Access.
- Positive attitude, eagerness to learn, proven ability to work well with others, ability to manage multiple tasks and quickly respond to requests are essential.
- Ability to lift heavy items.
- Some travel may be required.
Applicants must be citizens of the United States or be eligible to work in the United States and receive compensation. Appointment to position is provisional pending suitability determination by the Court based on the results of a ten-year background investigation that is updated every five years. Employees of the United States Court of Appeals are "Excepted Appointments" and considered "At-Will," and therefore serve at the pleasure of the Court. Employees are required to use Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) for payroll deposits. The Court does not provide reimbursement for interview-related travel expenses or any relocation costs incurred by the successful applicant. Applicants selected for an interview will be tested. Position is open until filled with preference given to applications received by April 14, 2017. The Court reserves the right to modify the conditions of this job, to withdraw the job announcement, or to fill the position sooner than the closing date, if a closing date is shown; any of these actions may occur without any prior written or other type of notice. The United States Courts are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
How to Apply
How You Will Be Evaluated
Application packages will be reviewed to determine if they meet the minimum qualifications for this job. If the minimum qualifications for this job are met, the application package will be reviewed to assess the quality, depth, and complexity of the experience and accomplishments as they relate to the requirements listed in this vacancy announcement.
Vacation time accrues at a rate of 13 days per year the first three years and increases with tenure. Sick days accrue at a rate of 13 days per year. Ten paid holidays are provided annually. A variety of Agency-subsidized federal health insurance plans are available. Dental and vision coverage, life insurance, and long-term care insurance are available. A flexible spending account program is provided. Employees participate in both the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) and the Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan). The court offers a mass transit subsidy (budget dependent).
(1) Cover letter
(2) Resume with three professional references
(3) AO78 form-Application for Employment
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
ContactUS Court of Appeals Fourth Circuit Phone: (804) 916-2184
AddressUS Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit Lewis F. Powell, Jr. Courthouse Annex Richmond VA US
PROwESS Resume Optimizer
Score, Target and Improve Your Resume For Any Federal JobThe most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Our new tool uses artificial intelligence to score your resume, and provide task statements and word suggestions which will improve your resume.
Introducing Interactive Job Vacancy Announcements
We have pulled just the important line items from the Federal vacancy and put them all in one place. No more search all over to find the key items you need to address. Including importing the Occupational Questionnaire where available. Each scored, each searchable for concepts, keywords and related tasks that you might add to your resume to improve your score.
Key Features Include:
- Pop-up competency definitions
- Highlighted Keyword matches from your resume
- Line-item scoring resume vs job
- Suggestions for improved language
A Resume Editor with Keyword Suggestions
The most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain.
A Resume Editor That Comes Alive With Suggestions
Score Your Resume Against Each Job Line Item
The most successful candidate's tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain. Keyword matches will show up as green and your resume's overall match for the each item in the job description will be graded with up to 5 stars. Each line in the job description can be clicked revealing semantically related topics, flush with keyword suggestions that you might choose to include in your resume, and thousands of example job description statements that can show you the most effective ways to state your experience.
Find Great Content and Impactful Language
PROwESS subscribers will see concept definitions, related concepts, power keywords (nouns, verbs and adjectives related to the concept), and related task statements.
PROwESS is unique and affordable. Continuous and targeted resume improvement with a few clicks. Order now for as less than $6 per month.Order Now