U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Department of the Army
$87,875 to $114,236
03/28/2017 to 03/27/2018
- Lead multi-discipline teams to include: coordinating planning, designing, cost-engineering, executing and closing-out of ordnance support, environmental, or facility inspection and repair projects located in Afghanistan, Iraq, Kuwait, Jordan and other diverse environments.
- Prepare and execute project scopes of work, schedules, budgets, man-power, risk management, and quality assurance plans involving ordnance and environmental cleanup projects and other contingency basing projects.
- Serve as Contracting Officer's representative for projects involving ordnance and explosives projects.
- Represent the Huntsville Corps of Engineering Commander serving as the Center's primary point of contact with the customer, various military commands, and other stakeholders.
- Relocation incentives may be authorized.
- This position is designated Emergency Essential
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: (1) Administering and managing ordnance and environmental cleanup projects and other contingency basing projects to include project scoping, scheduling, budgeting, earned value analysis, and risk management; (2) Serving as Contracting Officer's Representative and administering government contracts; (3) Leading multidiscipline technical and contracting teams; (4) Interacting directly with military customers to assess their requirements and report on mission progress; and (5) Preparing and delivering written and oral communications to customers and senior military leaders on progress of ordnance disposal missions. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-12).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Skill in Ordnance and Explosives Disposal, Environmental, or Facility Inspection and Repair Projects
- Skill in Project Management /Contracting
- Skill in Written Communication
- Skill in Oral Communication
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal Service at service at the next lower grade (or equivalent).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This position requires a Secret Clearance.
- This position requires travel away from the duty station (TDY) up to 90%.
- This position requires the incumbent to obtain a US Government passport.
- This position requires the incumbent to use appropriate protective clothing or gear.
- This position requires the incumbent to pass a pre-appointment physical.
- This position requires the incumbent to submit a Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE-450, upon entering the position and annually.
- This position requires incumbents who are re-deploying to have completed 12 months of dwell time between deployments (dwell time is the amount of time that deployed civilians spend in their home station between deployments to war zones, or to dependent restricted tours).
- Position is designated as Emergency Essential. The person selected for this position must sign a statement of understanding and an agreement to continue to perform the duties of this position in the event of a crisis until relieved by proper authority.
- Prior to appointment to this position, you must sign a statement documenting your consent to be immunized with the complete anthrax vaccination series and subsequent annual boosters. This is a condition of employment.
- If selectee has family members overseas, they will be evacuated from the crisis zone with the same priority as other DoD-sponsored evacuees.
- Members of Ready Reserve MUST be released from reserve status to go into emergency essential positions.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Tuesday, March 27, 2018 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
- Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
- To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
- It is your responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. Faxed documents must be completely transmitted by 11:59p.m. Eastern Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Your requests for reasonable accommodation will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- This announcement may be used for 6 months from the initial issuance of the referral to fill similar positions.The state of Alabama is a tax advantage state and does not tax federal retirement benefits.
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc). Please review the following links to see which documents you need to provide to prove your eligibility to apply: Applicant Merit Checklist and Proof of Eligibility.
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
- Your resume may be submitted in any format.
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application will be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: You MUST submit a copy of your transcript if you want to substitute your education for experience. If you claim qualifications based on education, and do not submit a transcript, your education will not be used in making a qualification determination and you may be found "not qualified." See: Transcripts and Licenses
Proof of Eligibility to Apply: Your application must include the documents which prove you are eligible to apply for the vacancy. The ?Proof of Eligibility? document describes authorities commonly used in merit promotion recruitment and what document(s) are required to prove you meet the requirements of the authority. You must meet the requirements of at least one of the authorities listed in the Who May Apply section above to receive further consideration.
If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents follow the directions located at: Faxing Applications and Documents The Vacancy ID is 1892569. You will need the questionnaire, View Occupational Questionnaire, to complete your faxed application.
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Department of the Army
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
ContactCentral Resume Processing Center Phone: (000)000-0000
AddressDA SCR Redstone Arsenal ATTN PECH-SCR-E Building 5308 Redstone Arsenal AL
PROwESS Resume Optimizer
Score, Target and Improve Your Resume For Any Federal JobThe most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Our new tool uses artificial intelligence to score your resume, and provide task statements and word suggestions which will improve your resume.
Introducing Interactive Job Vacancy Announcements
We have pulled just the important line items from the Federal vacancy and put them all in one place. No more search all over to find the key items you need to address. Including importing the Occupational Questionnaire where available. Each scored, each searchable for concepts, keywords and related tasks that you might add to your resume to improve your score.
Key Features Include:
- Pop-up competency definitions
- Highlighted Keyword matches from your resume
- Line-item scoring resume vs job
- Suggestions for improved language
A Resume Editor with Keyword Suggestions
The most successful candidates tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain.
A Resume Editor That Comes Alive With Suggestions
Score Your Resume Against Each Job Line Item
The most successful candidate's tailor their resume to the job. Don't assume your resume has covered the job requirements. Be certain. Keyword matches will show up as green and your resume's overall match for the each item in the job description will be graded with up to 5 stars. Each line in the job description can be clicked revealing semantically related topics, flush with keyword suggestions that you might choose to include in your resume, and thousands of example job description statements that can show you the most effective ways to state your experience.
Find Great Content and Impactful Language
PROwESS subscribers will see concept definitions, related concepts, power keywords (nouns, verbs and adjectives related to the concept), and related task statements.
PROwESS is unique and affordable. Continuous and targeted resume improvement with a few clicks. Order now for as less than $6 per month.Order Now